Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
One of them OGOC folks
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring is almost officially here, although the weather this week looks really crappy. I'll probably be retiring the beater for good (it's had a good run!) by the end of the week, and bringing the GT back out.

On a related note, it's getting close to time to dust off the golf clubs as well. Any other duffers on here?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Avid golfer here. First tournament in a next month. Can't wait.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
I'm dying to get the G8 back out, figuring another 3 weeks though. By the time weather warms up and we get some decent rain down to wash away the salt and sand. Then it's modding time!

As for golf... Would love to play it more but barely touch a club. Ball hockey season is coming though and I could be playing on up to 3 different teams this year.

·
OGOC Member
2,626 Posts
No golf for me im a car guy and cant stand it , This winter just wont let go and im itching bad to get mine out too.

·
QWIK
422 Posts
Winter storm watch here in in Winnipeg yesterday. We got a massive dumping of snow :(
Last year on this day it was +21 here and I actually took my car out of storage...

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
OP: what is your current beater?

·
One of them OGOC folks
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Avid golfer here. First tournament in a next month. Can't wait.
Tourney? Nice, where at? I don't venture into those, I'm too inconsistent.

OP: what is your current beater?
Just a little Cavalier. Owned it since new, dumped a bunch of money into it, then realized how foolish that was and bought a real car lol. So I run around in a lowered, supercharged, big-brake-kit rust-bucket in the winter, while the car with heated leather and remote start stays parked in the cold months haha

·
OGOC Member
2,626 Posts
My winter beater is a 2006 chevy Malibu and its our DD.

·
One of them OGOC folks
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
OGOC Member
2,626 Posts
I've done plenty of repairs on those!
Ya me too but ive been lucky only had to do front end and a catilytic converter got 235,000 on mine now and she runs great

·
One of them OGOC folks
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
4 banger or 6? You're pretty fortunate to have so little go wrong.

·
OGOC Member
2,626 Posts
Its a 4 banger with ram air and minor mods its pretty quick for a 4 banger 2.2 L. Civics cant keep up with it

·
One of them OGOC folks
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll race ya with my little 4-banger ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts