Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update: finally got my car back after a month and a half. Took the opportunity to to upgrade the wheels since I had to get 2 new ones anyway, also threw the Eibach Prokits on.

So I got my G8 at the end of March and its been great so far.
And then this happened Monday:

:(

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
My heart hurts looking at this. Hope it gets taken care of promptly.

·
every village has one
2,170 Posts
Hope you get her in, fixed, and back as soon as you can.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Man that sucks. Good luck with the repairs. How did it happen?

·
Facebook Moderator
1,452 Posts
i just got hit too yday morning... WTF

Illuminati wants all G8s dead!!!! lol jk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, I'm a bit hurt,but overall I'm ok.
A guy coming from the opposite direction on the street i was on was waiting to make a left turn. I don't know if he saw saw me or not, or wether he thought he had enough room to make it. So he floored it and next thing I know I just saw the car coming at me. I was able to swerve at the last minute, other wise it would have been a full force front impact. So he hit the side of my car and sent me spinning all the way to the top of the sidewalk.
I hope the car gets fixed soon, it's a shame seeing it just sit like that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Your curtain airbags didn't go off? :/

Glad you are OK, hope it gets fixed and fixed right.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Nows your chance to upgrade to a gt........
Had to say it. I hope you're ok and heal fast.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your curtain airbags didn't go off? :/

Glad you are OK, hope it gets fixed and fixed right.
They didn't which at first it stroked me as a surprise but looking back at the accident and if you look at the damage on the doors, the impact was on the lower side of the doors. I'm guessing if the impact would have been right above or at the handle levels maybe then the curtains would have gone off?

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's the G8 curse. I got my precious back in 09 and not one week after I had her, I got backed into by a Jeep Liberty. Crunched the whole driver side front end. I was soo pissed.

·
You've got mail, YAAAAY!
1,951 Posts
I am glad you are ok. Get one of these, it'll buff out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am glad you are ok. Get one of these, it'll buff out.

Lol, I doubt that i can even handle that with my injured back now :(.
I'm getting the estimate today, so I will find out how bad the damage really is.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Good luck man. I almost strangled a teenager after I witnessed him door ding my g8 only a month after I got it. Instead I approached him and let him know "firmly" that he needs to be more carfull in parking lots, and that was the first dent on an otherwise perfect car.
I guess accidents happen. That's life. It's all in how you deal with them and move on.
Again, i hope you're ok and heal quickly.

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
Oh man that sucks. Sorry to see this happen. Regardless of what trim, you never want to see such a beautiful car get hurt like that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh man that sucks. Sorry to see this happen. Regardless of what trim, you never want to see such a beautiful car get hurt like that.
Yeah, it's a real shame. In other news, I finally got the intial estimate and the car is not totaled and we are looking at almost $8k worth of repairs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts