1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
nice; from MGM to dull white. I'll wait for the first person at the car show to tell you "geesh you need a coat of wax on that thing".

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Very nice. Plastidip has taken the world by storm.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Looks great. When you open the doors are the door jambs still MGM or are they white as well? Always wondered about that.

·
Registered
786 Posts
very cool. looks great. Whats up with the "X's" when taping the headlights and taillights?

Are you matt? or did you pay this guy?

·
G8 fiend
1,245 Posts
should make it like a storm trooper look all white and black like ur mirrors and wheels and tint ur tails

good job

·
Registered
197 Posts
Nice! How much dip did you go through? Though of doing this to my PBM.

·
G8 GXP: Exhaust
72 Posts
I see somebody beat me to it. Mine will also be plasti dipped matte white next month. How many coats did it take?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome to the White Hott side!!! For some reason that white looks so sexy :) I just dont know why im so biased towards white tho lol

·
Registered
206 Posts
Looks good.

Have you considered dipping the rear deck-lid black? Like Scorpious said... Storm Trooper.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Looks very nice from the video! Would love to see those photos you gotta upload though.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Looks awesome.

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts
"Xs" on the glass parts make it easier to remove the dip. It's an alternative to masking.

Looks great!

·
Registered
554 Posts
It looks awesome, but I would be worried about the after effects

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I must say it looks 100 times brighter in person. I used 4 gallons worth of plastidip but should of bought 5 cause it cut it close going from dark to light. I didnt do my door seals but doesnt look off when the doors are open cause looking intp a dark interior the eye doesnt catch that they are still grey. Like said above the X on the heads and tails helped get the dip removal started on the lights. I dont think ill do the storm trooper look cause it looks cheap and off to me to have so many body panels different colors. However the wheels will be going black soon. Just swamped with customers at the moment so havent had a chance to do them. My name is matt and im going to start doing it on the side. Have several cars and one camper lined up so stay tuned. Im here out of alvin in south Houston. If you have any dip wants or needs hit us up on facebook, instagram, and of course phone. Call or texting

713-376-4826
Facebook \matdips
Instagram \matdips

Ill try to get pictures up soon

1 - 20 of 20 Posts