Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a seach and didn't find any posts regarding this. I just bought a GT and it has a JET stage 2 module installed. Seems to work well, although I don't have anything to compare it too. I'm not crazy about the fans always being on and stating on after key off for a few minutes.

Looks like a pretty simple installation, just goes inline with the PCM and it's harness.

Would I be better off to remove it and install a cortex tune? Or does anyone know of a tuner in southeast Ohio?

·
Super Moderator
2,525 Posts
Did a seach and didn't find any posts regarding this. I just bought a GT and it has a JET stage 2 module installed. Seems to work well, although I don't have anything to compare it too. I'm not crazy about the fans always being on and stating on after key off for a few minutes.

Looks like a pretty simple installation, just goes inline with the PCM and it's harness.

Would I be better off to remove it and install a cortex tune? Or does anyone know of a tuner in southeast Ohio?
Isnt the JET stuff along the same lines as the fake ones on eBay? A cortex would be night and day better I would think.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Isnt the JET stuff along the same lines as the fake ones on eBay? A cortex would be night and day better I would think.
My thought too. Can you post a picture of what it looks like? Ebay sells a wide array of clip in place "Chips" that claim 50+ hp and 35 mpg. Scammers Delight. I wish ebay would shut that crap down.

The Cortex would be a great replacement for what you have now. They can be had pretty easily on the board pre-owned for ~$250.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Id pull that thing and ebay it. Then purchase a Cortex if you want a simple programmer.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pulled it off, but it appears the previous owner also programmed the ECM too, hence my other thread. Fans come on at 195 and stay running after key off and DOD is disabled.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.