Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was always a 1 car guy for years and years until forums like this slowly planted seeds in my mind of the joys and benefits of having 2 vehicles. Weekend warrior + daily driver. What finally put me over the edge was having some VERY sketchy drives in snow in the G8.

So...attached is a picture of my 2nd vehicle, 4wd SUV Montero Sport. Its cheap, japanese, and beastly in snow! Now the base G8 gets to rest in bad weather and gets to have less depreciation with excessive mileage! I am loving this, its fun being a single guy with 2 sets of keys.

What is your 2nd vehicle if you have one?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Technically, not a 2 car guy, but my wife's retired??? right now so if she isn't using her VW Rabbit I take it to work if its really crappy. Guess I did help pay for it though.....
Never had any real problems with G8 in snow but that Rabbits made for driving in snow.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Nissan Xterra for snow, towing and off roading. Then a Mazda 3 for malls, commuting and other bad parking scenarios.

The G8 was only used for those GT rides.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have a Ford Sport trac, but the G8 is mostly my dd since I live in Ms. and we have no snow.

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
The best mod a car guy will ever have is a the second car mod...

My other two beaters...

·
Registered
645 Posts
I daily my G8 in the summer (except in bad weather), but she's sleeping in the garage right now until the Spring. This is my ride when I'm not in the G8:

The Silvy's not quite stock either. :wink2:

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
My base V6 is my second car, which I drive in the winter.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
No choice to have a second vehicle in our lives. The G8 will outlive the Sierra ( 148,000 miles) from here on in but it will be around for awhile because it does not DD in my retirement and I pick my days in the winter to drive it to keep it away from the salt demons.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1460928382.290727.jpg

1991 Ford F-150 4X4 PU. 125K on the odometer.

·
Registered
670 Posts
My DD and winter vehicle is a '06 Santa Fe. G8 stays in the shop for a long 4 months or so when weather is bad:frown2:

Our family rig is a '16 Dodge Durango R/T, still a fun rig but gets surprisingly good gas mileage.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've been daily driving the G8 since I got it but if the weather gets bad, I'll drive my other car. It's a 2004 Alero Final 500 edition, it's number 53 of the last 500 Alero's they made, a VERY rare car. It has 109k miles on it now since I daily drove it ever since I got it new literally off of the show room floor. I was looking at cars and my young 21 yr old self fell in love with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts