Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Master Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been looking around for the right ride for me for the past year or so after my old '03 nothing special Mustang was totaled, and I decided on a G8. I have a buddy who swears by his car and after driving it, I was hooked.

I went and looked at several, but they all seemed to be missing something. I stumbled across one in Kansas and talked to our family friend at a dealership in the Houston area, and they're buying and bringing down this bad boy for me to look at before buying it ($1000 deposit for the transfer fee).

I talked to the owner and worked out a deal for $19000. I feel more comfortable letting the dealership handling the transaction/title transfer/paperwork/etc. So after TTL and adding a 3 year 36,000 bumper to bumper, drive out will be $23.5

Oh, car has 54,000 miles. Fully loaded, sunroof, sport package, red/onyx interior.

So if everything checks out, you Houstonians may see me around.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Those damn White Hots! Gotta love 'em. Welcome to the boards and welcome to the WH club! Oh and uhhhh...watch that first step (modding), it's slippery!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Nice find, nice color. YOU WILL BE AMAZED!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
Congrats!

·
Master Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I have a thing for white cars. My mustang was white. I almost went with a black G8GT, but ended up holding off on it. Thankfully I did!

I think the red/onyx interior really accentuates the red in the tails, the gauges, and of course the emblem. I think one of my first 'mods' may be to paint the calipers red. I know it's a little cliche, but I picture it flowing really well with the color scheme.

As for other mods, up first will probably be a CAI. Probably going to go with a Rotofab. Very reputable brand as several people here have it and swear by it. Other suggestions are welcomed!

After that, I'll focus on picking between exhausts. Right now, I picture slapping on either a Corsa or the Solo Mach Shorty Unbalanced. They're both amazing sounding systems. Again, other suggestions are welcomed!

I'll definitely keep y'all posted!

·
Master Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Test drove it today before we sign tomorrow! Exterior and interior are without a scratch! Only has two paint chips on the front, but both are barely bigger than a grain of sand. There was a little bit of an alignment issue, car pulled to the right kind of hard, but that's being fixed.

First picture of it in Texas. It'll be in my driveway tomorrow.

(Thank the birds for that dark speck on the hood)

The car has been on their lot for roughly 36 hours and they've already had two people come in offering to put money down and buy it right then and there. If that's any of you members or lurkers, sorry but she's mine! :wiggle:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!!

Best color, too!! ;)

·
Master Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys! I've had her for two days now. I'm just itching for excuses to get out and drive. It's ridiculously hard keeping my foot out of it but I'm sure after a few fill-ups I'll be wanting to tame it down.

Sorry for crappy phone quality.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.