Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with either or both of these companies porting their superchargers? Katech is a little cheaper but as we all know cheaper is not better.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Katech is less extreme. The blower and inlet are separate prices. Jokerz does housing and inlet together. So prices are closer. It’s all CNC machined. Both do the runners separately priced. Katech is much bigger and does way more. Oil pump , CNC blower lids. I would say they they don’t over charge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Katech is less extreme. The blower and inlet are separate prices. Jokerz does housing and inlet together. So prices are closer. It’s all CNC machined. Both do the runners separately priced. Katech is much bigger and does way more. Oil pump , CNC blower lids. I would say they they don’t over charge.
I was looking at the prices and Joker seems to be A LOT more $$$ but I don't mind paying for quality and HP. Kong is another one I was looking at and they seem to be about the same price wise as Joker and it seems a ton of people have used them in the LSA world. Anyone with experience there?? One way or the other its getting ported just want to make sure I spend my money wisely.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Katech is local, but I see a lot of Kong or Jokerz port work on cars as well.

I looked online at Weapon X before, but I see a nasty review in the last 2 weeks about them destroying a customers C7 with a fresh whipple they didn't install properly apparently....so I'd be a bit cautious [and that's an expensive problem to give a customer...] on top of some BBB claims...whoops...

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 3. Are any of them local to you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Katech is local, but I see a lot of Kong or Jokerz port work on cars as well.

I looked online at Weapon X before, but I see a nasty review in the last 2 weeks about them destroying a customers C7 with a fresh whipple they didn't install properly apparently....so I'd be a bit cautious [and that's an expensive problem to give a customer...] on top of some BBB claims...whoops...

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 3. Are any of them local to you?
None are local. Would be a send off and hope for the best kinda deal.

·
Registered
37 Posts
just wondering.... havent read your profile or-mods yet
. but why are you looking into porting right now.?
not to be argumentative.....stock g8 has "almost" all ls3 decent heads
stock zl1 snout is really not so bad. can use work but other mods are more cost effective.

I just good cammed ; lsa'd and prof tuned my engine, went max on tire size / sticky road drag tires..... and they still loose traction down low... 1 and 2nd and sometimes 3rd if not heated......and I'm stilll not 2.55 upstairs (stock now)......only sub 9 psi now. i'm ok for now with it.... 100% throttle is hair raising! white knuckle experience.
BUT
in all honesty
I'm already looking into 2.55 upper!

crazy fast!

what are your goals? pulling a SC and removing a snout once everything is done (to send out) is a small "inconvenience"..... much easier than ,,,, but a lot more down time...than ..... "adding headers" exhaust, or installing a better intake system ..
and at that time of pulling the snout I would just change the pulley.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stock zl1 snout is really not so bad. can use work but other mods are more cost effective.

I just good cammed ; lsa'd and prof tuned my engine, went max on tire size / sticky road drag tires..... and they still loose traction down low... 1 and 2nd and sometimes 3rd if not heated......and I'm stilll not 2.55 upstairs (stock now)......only sub 9 psi now. i'm ok for now with it.... 100% throttle is hair raising! white knuckle experience.
BUT
in all honesty

crazy fast!

what are your goals? pulling a SC and removing a snout once everything is done (to send out) is a small "inconvenience"..... much easier than ,,,, but a lot more down time...than ..... "adding headers" exhaust, or installing a better intake system ..
Not being argumentative at all. This is why I posted on here is for opinions. I’m shooting high and my car will be completely different when parts are installed.
Mods lost:

BUT
in all honesty

crazy fast!

Your not being argumentative at all. That’s why I posted on here is for opinions. I appreciate it very much. Guess I should have listed mods before I started. I still haven’t decided on my pulleys yet. I have done a lot of research and just can’t make up my mind. I want as much power as I can put down. Several friends have 1k go cars and I want to be able to at least play some with those guys lol.

Car setup
2008 Pontiac G8
6.0 L76/LS3
stock bottom end
port/polish heads
custom blower cam
Fore twin pump setup 800+ hp
Devils Own meth kit
Frozen Boost Type 101 heat exchanger
ID1050 injectors
ZL1 blower lid
Reinforced brick
Circle D triple disc converter
3.45 rear

·
Registered
793 Posts
Jokerz and Kong are great. Kong probably has the best CNC setup, but of course that's going to cost more.

For a good, cheaper option, check out DC Porting: Log into Facebook

1 - 8 of 8 Posts