Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
LOL, more official (non-officially announced) news...

All remaining 09' and 2010 Pontiac orders are CANCELLED!

Word on the street (and from GM) is to not hold our breath for any 2010 models unless they were already built.

Party is over.

I'm having my 1 of 1898 plaque made for my GXP. :p

May have to add a Bright orange Solstice GXP Coupe to the stable as well. ;)
yep... and no future possibility of a rebadged, according to another thread. it's over... we can all relax still wonder what lies ahead...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Has anyone visited Pontiac's web site?

According to that the 2500.00 is stackable with 0%. Found two dealers that verified it and will offer it, four dealers that said what Nino posted and one that said the Memorial day incentives have been extended till the end of June.

AAAHHH YES THE NEW GM...:slap:

I'll take Nino's word on it... Can anyone else clear the air on this?:drink:

·
Registered
113 Posts
dude the pontiac website says the following.....

G8 GT®
$1,500 Cash Allowance and $2,500 Owner Appreciation Cash*
OR
As low as 0.0% APR for 60 months for qualified buyers2
Request a Quote
Model Overview

where do you guys see otherwise?

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
so can you still use the topped off card earnings with these incentives or no?
GM card cash is unconnected to other incentives and can be used in conjunction with anything and everything except for official supplier/employee pricing deals.

·
Registered
376 Posts
dude the pontiac website says the following.....

G8 GT®
$1,500 Cash Allowance and $2,500 Owner Appreciation Cash*
OR
As low as 0.0% APR for 60 months for qualified buyers2
Request a Quote
Model Overview

where do you guys see otherwise?
They fixed the site. I printed a copy this afternoon. I will try to get it scanned and posted. Figured it was too good to be true.

Plus this is exactly what I thought would happen. They are focusing on current owners as they feel they will be the most likely to purchase. Chrysler did the same thing. I wouldn't expect to see anything different while they are in BK.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I checked out the regional incentives link at exclusivegmoffer.com. This is the GM credit union discount website. For Pennsylvania and my county (Cambria) the rebate is $2000 Total Cash Allowance + $2500 Owner Appreciation Cash= $4500. Finance rate shows only 0%/60M + No cash.
I've been researching a G8 GT for the past week.....drove one last Saturday, damn nice........time to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
194 Posts
GM card cash is unconnected to other incentives and can be used in conjunction with anything and everything except for official supplier/employee pricing deals.
Regarding using GM card with GMS and supplier deals -- not true. It depends on which GM card you have. I have the extended family card and get GMS. I am able to use ALL my earnings on a GM vehicle. I received an additional $2000 bonus recently and think I'll be using it soon! :driving:

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
Tried that link. Said page removed.

I checked out the regional incentives link at exclusivegmoffer.com. This is the GM credit union discount website. For Pennsylvania and my county (Cambria) the rebate is $2000 Total Cash Allowance + $2500 Owner Appreciation Cash= $4500. Finance rate shows only 0%/60M + No cash.
I've been researching a G8 GT for the past week.....drove one last Saturday, damn nice........time to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Tried that link. Said page removed.
I just checked it again, still the same as yesterday...$2000+$2500

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Regarding using GM card with GMS and supplier deals -- not true. It depends on which GM card you have. I have the extended family card and get GMS. I am able to use ALL my earnings on a GM vehicle. I received an additional $2000 bonus recently and think I'll be using it soon! :driving:
Correct. I should have been more specific. Depending on the type of GM card, it can, but for most it cannot.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
does anyone know anything about a Lease to Buy rebate? Is this something that is always in effect, or does it come and go like other rebates?

·
GXP'd PBM GT 2009.5
480 Posts
does anyone know anything about a Lease to Buy rebate? Is this something that is always in effect, or does it come and go like other rebates?
Are you referring to the "current Lessees or buyers" incentive? If so, that just comes and goes, but currently not available. All GM leases are lease with buy option; at least all of my GM leases were that way...

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's so strange that I was able to walk right into the dealership in Slidell, LA and get $7,000 off the sticker price without even one sentence said, cause I was given that quote via email. Why wouldn't everyone be able to get at least $5k off, if it was so easy for me to get $7k off? And that was before they announced that Pontiac was dead. I'm pretty sure it was GM rebate $3,000, Dealer discount $2,500, Customer cashback $500 and $1,000 GM certificate (the certificate expired the day I bought it)....and this was the middle of April.
Was I really just that lucky? :driving:

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
well, basically all you got off was with the rebates. They didn't take anything off the MSRP which is not too good. Right now I could walk in and get $2500 loyalty, $1500 cash, $500 dealer cash, $2000 GM card points = $6500 on top of whatever they take off the MSRP for me. Usually it's between $1800-$2200.

·
Registered
166 Posts
well, basically all you got off was with the rebates. They didn't take anything off the MSRP which is not too good. Right now I could walk in and get $2500 loyalty, $1500 cash, $500 dealer cash, $2000 GM card points = $6500 on top of whatever they take off the MSRP for me. Usually it's between $1800-$2200.
But you have to own a GM to get the $2,500 GM loyalty discount.......I didn't. Plus I have no GM card points either. No difference to me how the price is done......as long as I only paid $27k for a $34k car.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
1500 consumer cash 2500 Owner appreciation 500 dealer cash

Only the 500 can be used with 0%.

All rebates can be stacked otherwise.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts