Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just thought I would post up a thread about my initial thought on the 9500ix. The build quality is great although I would like to see some metal on the device. The plastic does have a high quality feel to it however does that count?. The screen also looks great! I wish I would have bought a red display but Best Buy only sells the blue.

The radar has also done a great job at avoiding false alerts and has locked out the false ones on my commute. It an very trusting of it thus far.

Now I just have to order a blend mount for it. I feel that they are screwing people over though. $100 for a piece of metal and some cord. Bulls**t. But whatever, I already have a pretty penny in the detector.

Sorry about the grammer and such, I'm posting from my phone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
129 Posts
Get the blend mount or rogue mount. 80-90 bucks on amazon, but worth it. Clean install look along with a invisicord.

I love my 9500ix, mostly because if the GPS false signal lockouts. It's a life saver for a long commuter, not having to deal with constant alerts. I keep it on Auto NoX, so when it lights up I know to slow the hell down, even if it registers as K band.

I'd highly recommend one, though maybe not at full price. I got mine for about 200 on craigslist, and it's already paid for itself by saving me from one hefty ticket.

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
Hey guys, just thought I would post up a thread about my initial thought on the 9500ix. The build quality is great although I would like to see some metal on the device. The plastic does have a high quality feel to it however does that count?. The screen also looks great! I wish I would have bought a red display but Best Buy only sells the blue.

The radar has also done a great job at avoiding false alerts and has locked out the false ones on my commute. It an very trusting of it thus far.

Now I just have to order a blend mount for it. I feel that they are screwing people over though. $100 for a piece of metal and some cord. Bulls**t. But whatever, I already have a pretty penny in the detector.

Sorry about the grammer and such, I'm posting from my phone.

Then don't buy the blend mount. Actually, and this is my opinion, you want the detector as low on the dash as possible. When cops use laser, they aim for your headlights. If your detector is high, it will not pick up the very thin/small laser beam. That is why you want the detector as low as possible on top of your dash.

See, I just saved you $100!!

Now, please know that when your detector notifies you of a laser signal, it is already too late if the cop is good...as he's already acquired your speed. Much like instant on or pop-radar. But at least you'll know. If the detector is up high, you'll never know the cop pulled you because of his laser.

PS, Great buy and I love that detector but be sure to hide that thing when you get out of your car. The suction cup and cord are dead giveaways that you have a detector and thieves will smash your window in a second to steal it from you.

·
Registered
889 Posts
They're great detectors and I have one in each car. I got the red for the G8 and it blends nicely with the other gauges. Got it from Amazon's warehouse at a significant discount with a full-warranty. I've had great luck using Scotches Heavy Duty Fasteners (like Velcro, but stronger). Just cut about an inch or so for each the bottom of the detector and the center of the dash. Works perfectly and is a snap to remove!

·
That's ME!
4,022 Posts
Then don't buy the blend mount. Actually, and this is my opinion, you want the detector as low on the dash as possible. When cops use laser, they aim for your headlights. If your detector is high, it will not pick up the very thin/small laser beam. That is why you want the detector as low as possible on top of your dash.

See, I just saved you $100!!

Now, please know that when your detector notifies you of a laser signal, it is already too late if the cop is good...as he's already acquired your speed. Much like instant on or pop-radar. But at least you'll know. If the detector is up high, you'll never know the cop pulled you because of his laser.

PS, Great buy and I love that detector but be sure to hide that thing when you get out of your car. The suction cup and cord are dead giveaways that you have a detector and thieves will smash your window in a second to steal it from you.
You recommend he put it low to be alerted to laser than tell him it's too late when it's goes off on laser! ;)

I'd put it as high as I could in the window so it will detect radar as best as possible since you have a fighting chance against it.

Laser countermeasures will require a laser jammer or running something like Waze on your smartphone.

·
Arrival
183 Posts
Beltronics Pro 500 (same thing, but in red) and Blinder HP-905, excellent combo. I had small notches cut in the upper, outter part of the grill to mount the laser jammer sensors below the chrome trim. The detector is sensitive enough to mount extremely low on the windshield and still detect from a great distance.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beltronics Pro 500 (same thing, but in red) and Blinder HP-905, excellent combo. I had small notches cut in the upper, outter part of the grill to mount the laser jammer sensors below the chrome trim. The detector is sensitive enough to mount extremely low on the windshield and still detect from a great distance.
I was looking into the Hp-905 Dual setup as well. Do you happen to have any pictures of you install? My main concern was hiding the sensors and I couldn't really find a "good" spot on the front of the car.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Never even heard about the Blinder system, does it really work or is it all just internet hype?
Could you put the sensors in the "hood scoops"?
I pass by a laser cop every day...he's bright because he's in the same spot most every day.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
The 9500 is awesome, love mine. I got a mount on amazon similar to the blend mount for $35. It doesn't allow as easy removal and hooking back up. Then I also have the smart cord which is great if the music is up too loud to hear the detector... The flashing led gets your attention pretty quickly. Its nice cause if you are just cruising to still know there is a cop around.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never even heard about the Blinder system, does it really work or is it all just internet hype?
Could you put the sensors in the "hood scoops"?
I pass by a laser cop every day...he's bright because he's in the same spot most every day.
It's a great system. In fact it jams most lasers up until you are right next to them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts