Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Comparing it to my own purchase(09 gt loaded minus roof), you did pretty well. Mine may have even had twice the mileage of yours, and you still got it for slightly cheaper! :) These cars have been holding their value pretty well all things considered.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Comparing it to my own purchase(09 gt loaded minus roof), you did pretty well. Mine may have even had twice the mileage of yours, and you still got it for slightly cheaper! :) These cars have been holding their value pretty well all things considered.
i sure hope this keeps up! :)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I'd say you got a really good deal! Dealers around here are asking about $4,000 more for a car with that mileage.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Good deal. Wish u'd have mentioned a few specifics how you shopped it - like was it off a dealer's used car operation (Gm or ?) or private sale (local classified ad or an out-of-town (Autotrader, Ebay, etc.) kinda buy)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Yes, you got a good deal. Lately though with winter being here now values on these cars have been coming down some. I keep real close tabs on the values of these cars. Also being Red is a reason you got it a little bit cheaper, if it were black, stryker blue or orange you woulda paid more for the car. I bought a black 2008 last September for 23.5 with 27K miles on it, that was about inline then how prices were. Things have changed somewhat since last fall and I know I'd probabley get the same car now for around 21 grand. So values down maybe 2500 bucks the past few months, but that sorta thing is generally the case going into the winter months plus the cars are that much older so values will tend to fall somewhat because of that also and cars going outta warranty etc.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Thats a great deal. I could not find any deals like that when looking for mine :(
That's because they were not out there just a little while back. I saw a black one in NJ for 18.9K G8GT with 33K miles on it, never woulda seen that just a few months ago, had a couple of dings on it, but still good deal.

·
Registered
78 Posts
A little while back for me was 3 weeks ago. I still look on Autotrader to this day and dont see any deals such as the OP's. Then again I am looking in Texas only.

I paid 26k for mine. 18k miles, 1 owner, extremely mint however (not one ding, scratch). Fully loaded, 7 year GM warranty, and 3 years remaining for the door ding protection warranty, all purchased by the original owner. Car is flawless. But the market in Texas is different I am guessing. I had considered flying out somewhere to pick one up, but I didnt want to take that risk that I would find something wrong with the car.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
A little while back for me was 3 weeks ago. I still look on Autotrader to this day and dont see any deals such as the OP's. Then again I am looking in Texas only.

I paid 26k for mine. 18k miles, 1 owner, extremely mint however (not one ding, scratch). Fully loaded, 7 year GM warranty, and 3 years remaining for the door ding protection warranty, all purchased by the original owner. Car is flawless. But the market in Texas is different I am guessing. I had considered flying out somewhere to pick one up, but I didnt want to take that risk that I would find something wrong with the car.
Oh ya, that's a risk for sure. I wonder how many stories we don't hear about people who did this and then flew back with no car.

Anyhow, here is the one from Jersey, I was mistaken, it was around a grand more than I thought, still a great deal though. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=312184423&dealer_id=1001476&car_year=2008&systime=&doors=&model=G8&search_lang=en&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=200&min_price=&rdm=1325135827470&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=y&fuel=&keywords_display=&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&showZipError=y&make2=&certified=&engine=8+Cylinder&dma=PHILADELPHIA_JR&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&isFlashPlugin=true&transmission=Automatic&default_sort=priceASC&max_mileage=&color=&address=08540&sort_type=priceASC&max_price=&make=PONT&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=18&standard=false Sometimes I think some dealers use these cars as leaders to get people in looking at a cheaper car and then put them behind the wheel of a more upscale car that they sell. The dealer I bought mine from was a caddy dealer and had the black G8 GT I bought parked next to a whole row of CTS-V's and was talking about how much better the V's were and it was worth the extra 45 grand for one of those, ha.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Looking at purchasing in the next 2-3 weeks in the Chicagoland area. 2008 w/ 17,800 miles for $23k, 2009 w/ 19,900 miles for $24k or 2009 w/ 24,300 for $25k. Seems to be some good deals and inventory around my area now.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
How miuch are you guys able to haggle off the list prices? I'm fairly close to buying one with 32k and their asking is $24,700k. they had it for 150 days and actually RAISED the price recently ($500+). wtf? I think dealers are raising prices because people are getting their tax refund checks.

Low mileage ones up in the NW are really scarce if you don't want red.

·
Registered
670 Posts
How miuch are you guys able to haggle off the list prices? I'm fairly close to buying one with 32k and their asking is $24,700k. they had it for 150 days and actually RAISED the price recently ($500+). wtf? I think dealers are raising prices because people are getting their tax refund checks.

Low mileage ones up in the NW are really scarce if you don't want red.
That seems a little high to me with those miles. If they've had it for that long then they should come down a bit.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
From what I'm reading from KBB trad ins, they probably gave the guy $20-$21k. I was thinking of offering $22k and maybe settling for $22.5 - $23k. But $23k would only be about $900 off their lowest offer back in early Feb.

I agree, for a dealer that's had to sit on it for 5 months, I think even $22.5k would be really fair. It's an Acura dealer and that thing sticks out like a sore thumb at their lot.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well I think I feel pretty good about my deal after reading this. I just bought a 2009 G8 GT, Sport Red, leather, sunroof, loaded with I think just about every option available. Mopar dealership had literally just gotten it in on trade, 26,500 miles on it.

They started at NADA $27K, and although I wanted to get them down to $23,500, I paid $23,900. I don't think that's bad for a car they had less than a day or two.

Local dealership sold the car new, original owner paperwork was still in the glove box including original window sticker ($35,100) and receipts for oil changes and recall repair. Local owner, just about 10 miles up the road. It wasn't a *great* deal, but I thought it was a fair price.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks like a good deal to me. Might have to offer mine up pretty soon- looking at a transfer back up north and 2 rear wheel drive V-8 cars in the garage all winter is grounds for divorce from what I hear.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Seems like a good deal I got my MGM GT about a month and half ago for 24k and it had 28989 miles on it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
16 Participants
GMCustomerService
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing