Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some help here and there and I love my car i baby it everyday! I was curious where i could get these exhaust/header/intake upgrades at and also for how much? Thank you! Love all these G8s on board!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Also keep a look out in the for sale section of the board to get a good deal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
48 Posts
You can tackle the install yourself and save a bit of money. Get a buddy to help. You will learn more about your car and I think it's fun.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Check out some old threads or some diy sticky threads. You'll find almost everything you would need to know to do the installs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
105 Posts
congrats man..where are you from? Ive got a black GT and im from the macomb area. Anything done to the car yet? If its not tuned, first thing i'd do would be an intake, exhaust, and run it over to vector motorsports and put it on their dyno for a good tune!! do you plan on doing one thing at a time, or diving right in?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
congrats man..where are you from? Ive got a black GT and im from the macomb area. Anything done to the car yet? If its not tuned, first thing i'd do would be an intake, exhaust, and run it over to vector motorsports and put it on their dyno for a good tune!! do you plan on doing one thing at a time, or diving right in?
I'm around Ann Arbor. Where did you get your intake and exhaust installed? I'm looking for a shop where I can be comfortable at.

I haven't done anything to my car yet I'm trying to go little by little and build up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm around Ann Arbor. Where did you get your intake and exhaust installed? I'm looking for a shop where I can be comfortable at.

I haven't done anything to my car yet I'm trying to go little by little and build up.

Thats cool. Honestly i bought my car with the tune and intake already done, but as far as the exhaust goes, if you're just looking for a great sound at a good price, everyone on this board swears by solo's axleback system. I put it on about 2 months ago and I've just about worn out my remote start since i cant not start it while i'm walking out to it from anywhere haha. I'm about to throw an xpipe on it as well to get a little more sound. The tune makes a world of a difference, it really does wake these cars up. If i was in your shoes, I would do an intake, tune, and solo axlebacks if youre just looking for a good sound (catback and headers for performance) and that should be enough to keep you happy for a few. Youtube the solo axleback and youll get a good idea.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Welcome and congrats! Enjoy the car and the site. You will find more than enough help here on the site! Good luck and happy modding!

·
Registered
933 Posts
There's also two Michigan shops that are familiar with our G8's, Livernois Motorsports and Vector Motorsports.

Both offer a tune/intake combo and will upgrade your tune for free as you mod your car more.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There's also two Michigan shops that are familiar with our G8's, Livernois Motorsports and Vector Motorsports.

Both offer a tune/intake combo and will upgrade your tune for free as you mod your car more.
Thank for everyone's help here :) love the board and helpfulness! Maybe we all could meet up one day!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thank for everyone's help here :) love the board and helpfulness! Maybe we all could meet up one day!
Welcome, I would highly recommend an intake and tune first. Hands down best starting mods and completely changes the the feel of the car. Check out the MIG8owners on Facebook, we usual meet up pretty regularly in the summer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome, I would highly recommend an intake and tune first. Hands down best starting mods and completely changes the the feel of the car. Check out the MIG8owners on Facebook, we usual meet up pretty regularly in the summer.
How much would an intake and tune cost if you don't mind me asking. I notice a bunch of package deals for around $700-1000. Also tried to find the group could not find it on Facebook.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I noticed VMS does bundles for around 700 up to 2000 any recommendations? Anyone who's in the Mi area that has gotten work done just curious due to caution on my car, I currently still have my warranty up to 100k or 6 years

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think vms packages for a tune and cai are around $600-$700. Check their website. As far as FB try spelling out Michigan and using spaces between words.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
996 Posts
You can tackle the install yourself and save a bit of money. Get a buddy to help. You will learn more about your car and I think it's fun.
This. It's very easy to do the install. If your coming over to this area for a tune you could stop by my house and I could help you with the install on the cai, axleback exhaust or whatever you buy. It's insanely easy to do and not worth paying someone to install it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts