Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
No Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot other people own G8's too until I finally saw one yesterday. I moved to the Silverlake area and haven't seen another G8 in forever! Glad to know there's at least one around here besides me. The smart people must have theirs locked away for the winter. :) Unlike me who drove mine to work and back that day we had the "giant blizzard of 2010". It took me over two hours to get home instead of the normal 15 minutes but my car did great the whole way. It was the first time we've had snow since I got this car and I must say, I was pretty impressed!

·
PROCHARGED!
1,879 Posts
I am ashamed to say that with this 'pineapple express' rain storm I have left the G8 in the garage... not because I am afraid to get it wet... but because I was tired of it fishtailing around all the wet corners :)

·
No Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The traction control works pretty damn well when it kicks in. It's not a good idea to apply any sort of pressure to the gas peddle when there's snow on the ground but considering what my husband predicted would happen if I drove it in the snow/ice, I thought the commute went well! My car coasts at about 5mph when my foot's off the brake and since I have a level drive almost the whole way it worked out fine. :p

·
Registered
377 Posts
I drove my G8 through that whole "mini-blizzard" that we had. I live in Olympia and with my Blizzak snow tires, I never had any issues.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Welcome to the Silverdale area. We own one of the PBM GTs in town. There are about 5 other G8s at least that I have seen around here.

Welcome to the area.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Still around and lovin everyday I own my G8 GT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts