Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now my friend has a 2011 Crystler 200 V6 which has 283HP and so on, he wants to race me with that car. My question is can I win? :| Now the race is on a closed road that is private in my area so no worries there. And I have the base V6 G8, but I also have a k&N air filter installed, which did increase the performance by a little not as much as the CAI obviously. So he wants to line up and race but mine is a 2009 and his is a 2011, now he thinks he can win against anything :quoties: so I kinda wanna prove him wrong. The question remains, can I win? Using Sports mode? lol

What do you guys think?
2009 Pontiac G8 Base V6 261HP dyno, 254lbs of torque. VS 2011 Crystler 200 Limited 3.6L V6 238HP and 260lbs or torque (according to online search)

I am curious to see what you guys think?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
He'll beat you.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Gearing. The 5 speed in your G8 has poor gearing.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just curious, but are you asking as in taking a poll before you race the guy or are you asking because you don't want to race him if you don't think you'll win?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
What do you mean by that? His crystler has 4 spd automatic, and front wheel drive
Do your homework kid. :wink3:

The V6 200 has a 6 speed automatic. If you were curious, you'd know this. You seem pretty curious

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just curious, but are you asking as in taking a poll before you race the guy or are you asking because you don't want to race him if you don't think you'll win?
I am only asking to see what is possible out of our V6 G8s. I wanna know who would possibly win in a race against each other? I wanna race, but at the same time I wanna know what you guys think, I will eventually post the results when we race.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do your homework kid. :wink3:

The V6 200 has a 6 speed automatic. If you were curious, you'd know this. You seem pretty curious
I am 24 lol. I don't know what the specs are on his car at all I am going off what he told me. He is only 20 lol

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I am only asking to see what is possible out of our V6 G8s. I wanna know who would possibly win in a race against each other? I wanna race, but at the same time I wanna know what you guys think, I will eventually post the results when we race.
Well, you better post more than "results", or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Just post a video. Simple. For those who are curious!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah never mind I am not gonna even bother with this thread anymore lol. I'll post a video when and if he still wants to race

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My vote: doesn't matter, you'll look better in a G8 win or lose.
Won yesterday lined up on the road and did 2 runs one in drive and one in sports mode and his in manual, I was surprised that I won against him, in sports mode tho I thought I was gonna lose he came really close and once I got into second gear I was ahead a lot. I was surprised but then again FWD vs RWD believe it or not lol. The scores and details where posted on Facebook:surprise:.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Honestly I myself I would run him. Yes the 5 spd trans is a big problem.
But Id be curious to see for myself on this one. With my mods I think I could take it. Not 100% sure but hey try it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Honestly I myself I would run him. Yes the 5 spd trans is a big problem.
But Id be curious to see for myself on this one. With my mods I think I could take it. Not 100% sure but hey try it.
I beat him without mods. Only thing I have installed is the K&N air filter not the CAI. We did two runs one in drive and the other in Sports mode and him in manual sense he doesn't have one. He lost badly the second time cause he spun tires in the front. Its a FWD 2011 not RWD I was surprised I won, I told him in the beginning he was most likely going to beat me lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts