Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, pretty excited to have just purchased my 2009 G8 GT about 3 weeks ago. It is a red cream puff with the sports package. The car is currently all stock except for a K&N factory air filter. The plan is to keep it mostly stock as I plan to make it my daily driver. My work drive distance is about 120 miles round trip in which I drive 3-4 times a week, So it will be driven. With that in mind I don't plan on doing any major mods but I do hope to do some. Last weekend I had some paint protection film (PPF) applied to the front bumper, whole hood, and partial fender. I have been listening to exhaust clips on youtube, I think I want to go with a solo axle back system, so if anyone has one for sale, get at me. I also plan on getting a custom tune to delete the DOD and to get any increase in horsepower that I can while still running regular gas. I have searched the forum a good bit and thanks for the tons of info that's available. If anyone have a suggestions or comments or advice please feel free to share. Thanks in advance!!

Long time admirer and now I have my own!!!

·
Premium Member
4,526 Posts
Welcome to the forum. " Red cream puff "... haven't heard that term before.

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Congrats. Hard to go wrong with a set of solo axle backs.

If you're going to get a custom tune, get an intake as well. VCM is typically the best and looks really nice with the infill panels.

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
Congrats! Solo is a great choice. Best intakes are RotoFab and VCM. Definitely get the tune.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Here are things GM cheaped out on at the factory.

Check the forums here for strut bushing collapse. It’s a problem with the factory rubber bushings and easy to check just by looking under the hood. I changed mine at 8k miles to poly bushings.

The factory dampers from the factory (front struts and rear shocks) sucked! I do not tolerate any wallow in my vehicles and changed mine at 25k miles to PPVs which are a low cost high performance units. They tighten up the suspension nicely but will feel a lot firmer than the factory fe2s.

I also upgraded the factory brake pads to PPVs as the factory pads sucked when driving mountain switch backs resulting in pad transfer to the rotors and vibration in the brake pedal (until you clean them off by dragging on the brake pedal).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts