Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it, I've had this car since 5k, been nice to me. Really only thing I've done maintenance wise was a clutch and tires. How is everyone else doing? Any big ticket items? Guess I'm looking at 100k tune up soon. Any preference on spark plugs and such?

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
I replaced my original plugs with factory OEM replacements, and will likely do it again in the next year or so. Replacing fluids like coolant and differential fluid would likely be warranted due to age and miles as well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's kind of what I was thinking. As soon as I get my old truck off the rack, the g8 is going in the air for a while

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's kind of what I was thinking. As soon as I get my old truck off the rack, the g8 is going in the air for a while
100k probably wouldn't be a bad time to check and maybe replace the belts too. From what I have found online, rear diff should be done at 50k, so do that for sure. Trans fluid & filter will be ready for a change too.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Title says it, I've had this car since 5k, been nice to me. Really only thing I've done maintenance wise was a clutch and tires. How is everyone else doing? Any big ticket items? Guess I'm looking at 100k tune up soon. Any preference on spark plugs and such?
As others have stated, you cannot go wrong with the OEM spark plugs.

For wires, go with ACDelco 748RR (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JZZDLM - Yes, they fit the G8).

Avoid the [cheaper] ACDelco 9748RR: https://www.g8board.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=161913&stc=1&d=1562261632

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
GXP25
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing