Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well where to start..I'm retired and been working on cars since 13-14. Good tools and good instructions is always something I follow.

These instructions and pictures looked like they were xeroxed back in 1982 about 1000x before behind shipped out to me.
The breathe hose to intake elbow I'm not a fan of how they want you to connect those. Also the shield didnt fit the tab to windshield wiper reservoir and needed to be "massaged" to fit..(pics included)
The rubber connections should be labels as the 2 for mass air and the the 1 for throttle body. They are easy to confuse and fit both..I noticed but others may not. Also the allen bolts should come with locktite blue..
If the directions were clear I would say 45 minutes soup to nuts.
Removing stock airbox my misses could have done with no wrenching experience.
However getting this C.A.I. to fit took some effort and could have been made better..also be careful they give you alot of rubber breather hose and it could run on serpentine belt so I zipped tied my cleanly out of the way.
Other complaint is the intake tests on the radiator hose..they should give you some sticky back adhesive heat material like we use on starters or headers etc.

Just my .2
20191228_160307.jpg
20191228_161433.jpg
20191228_161613.jpg
20191228_162207.jpg
20191228_164613.jpg
20191228_164733.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Would have gotten the reputable/easy to install/proven Rotofab at that price. Never heard about AFE before. Still easier to install than an OTR type CAI.

Now you'll need a tune to fully take advantage of it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At that price? You dont know what I got it for it was free.
2nd I have it being dyno tuned this week.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At that price? You dont know what I got it for it was free.
2nd I have it being dyno tuned this week.

The throttle response was very notice from a seat of the pants dyno. I had K&N drop in prior and this spins the tires wayyy longer now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts