Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered SLP LT headers and Vararam CAI from pfyc.com anybody know how reputable they are?

Also ordered some Nitto Invos from discount tire.

Hopefully it all comes soon.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Each are one of the most recognized brands. Slp headers are notorious for hanging low and vararam intakes are rumored to such in water but other than that I've heard nothing else negative.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright sounds good wasn't sure about the headers because haven't seen much discussion on here about the SLP headers. I like that it comes with the cats.

·
Registered
427 Posts
No water issues with my vararam. Let us know what you think of the SLP headers once installed

·
BOOOOOOOOOOST
702 Posts
I am not a fan at all of the SLP headers, but the Vararam intake is a solid piece.

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Bo I think you might be thinking of the Volant intake...?
I don't see how the Volant could suck in water. The volant is very similar to the rotofab but it has a cover on it. The varam is the one that sucks in from the front, so I could see how water could get in there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just ordered SLP LT headers and Vararam CAI from pfyc.com anybody know how reputable they are?

Also ordered some Nitto Invos from discount tire.

Hopefully it all comes soon.
well i have nitto invos on mine and they look "mean" and the performance is awesome. i want to buy the vararam so let me know what you think.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Bo I think you might be thinking of the Volant intake...?
I haven't heard about water issues with the Vararam, but New Era on the other hand had issues with their early version which I believe was corrected later on by putting a lid over the top. I think that's the one he is thinking of.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have both Vararam and SLP LTs. No complaints. As far as the SLPs hanging low... Not from what I can see. I haven't scraped them (I am at factory height and will be lowering once my shocks and bushings get in).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm stock height and don't plan on lowering so if the headers hang low it shouldn't be a problem and was wondering if there is any other problems with it?

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Headers should be in tomorrow, intake wont be in for a week I wanted to install the headers this weekend but wasn't sure how long I could go without a tune while I wait for the intake.

Anybody know how long it will be safe to drive without a tune?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Headers should be in tomorrow, intake wont be in for a week I wanted to install the headers this weekend but wasn't sure how long I could go without a tune while I wait for the intake.

Anybody know how long it will be safe to drive without a tune?
I went for about 2-3 weeks without a tune. I even went WOT numerous times. You'll throw a CEL but it's nothing devastating. You'll still need the tune make the proper gains and run efficiently.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
im trying to figure out how the SLP are low? mine arent lower than anything else on the car... i wish the car had something else on it but i guess the previous owner wanted to pass emissions.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ill find out how its low tomorrow I hope, if it even is and yeah they are good for passing emissions which is why I wanted them, I just hope they are loud me and my neighbours don't get along so hopefully it will bother them lol.

·
Registered
187 Posts
SLPs really don't sit any lower that stock. Kooks and ARH are the ones I heard sit low.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
All I've heard in passing regarding SLP headers is on some cars the tolerance is tight with respect to the spark plug wires, some have had meltage issues... fix is relatively easy/painless, you can get heat resistant boots for the wire plugs and that usually helps.

Not trying to bash them, but that's what I've seen / heard discussed with SLP's.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts