Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my excitement. This is my first performance car as I come from the land of 2 wheels. Really hoping to gain some good power. Will also do my best to get the car dyno'd before and after. I want to see what my money is doing for me with some #s.

Tons of great info from everyone on this Board. Thanks!

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
Congrats. The difference is night and day. This, too, is my first real performance car and I drove my car bone stock for over 4 years. Got my headers, intake, and tune installed about 11 months ago and couldn't be happier.

I'm guessing you'll be around 310whp before and around 360ish whp after the install/tune.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. That's an awesome gain! Im hoping they get here by friday so I can have some weekend fun with the new mods!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Just the trans tune alone she's a totally different car. You'll be giggling like a schoolgirl and your cheeks will hurt from smiling so much.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fed ex sure takes their sweet time. My headers came in on saturday and i just had them installed. The mechanic said they were a bitch to get on.

Still waiting on my tune/rotofab. Fed ex says they will be here today. So im hoping there is a package at the door when i get home from work.

Thoughts on the headers so far...
The car definitely sounds louder, not quite as deep of a sound as I would have hoped, but that could just be the magnaflows.

As for power, I feel as though i lost low end torque, but gained upper RPM pull. I realize that the intake and tune combo should smooth all that out so Im not too worried. But a pull from 40 doesnt throw me in my seat like it did before.

Best example I can give is when I floor it now, it feels as though someone is pulling me from my arms harder and harder as the RPMs climb. When I floored it before it felt like someone shoved me in the back right from the beginning if that makes sense lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just installed my Rotofab CAI and Livernois tune last weekend and absolutely love them! This is what the car should have felt like stock. The difference in the trans is amazing--pulls better, shifts quicker, runs much better. CAI install was easy and instructions were very good. The tune install was a little bit challenging to figure out, but I found enough info on this board to help me figure it out. Congrats, you'll enjoy both once installed!

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
Fed ex sure takes their sweet time. My headers came in on saturday and i just had them installed. The mechanic said they were a bitch to get on.

Still waiting on my tune/rotofab. Fed ex says they will be here today. So im hoping there is a package at the door when i get home from work.

Thoughts on the headers so far...
The car definitely sounds louder, not quite as deep of a sound as I would have hoped, but that could just be the magnaflows.

As for power, I feel as though i lost low end torque, but gained upper RPM pull. I realize that the intake and tune combo should smooth all that out so Im not too worried. But a pull from 40 doesnt throw me in my seat like it did before.

Best example I can give is when I floor it now, it feels as though someone is pulling me from my arms harder and harder as the RPMs climb. When I floored it before it felt like someone shoved me in the back right from the beginning if that makes sense lol
Wait for the tune and intake. Will make a major difference when everything is working in unison. Trust me - it'll be well worth it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
My car made 347/355 with Kooks LTs, Rotofab, Solo Mach system (with cats) and a dyno tune. This was on a mustang dyno known for not being number friendly lol. Would have made around 380 at the wheels on a dynojet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I got everything all done and I couldn't be happier! The car never stops pulling, I feel like I will be going through tires pretty quickly haha. Sounds great and the tune really changed the characteristics of the car. The tires chirp in 2nd every time!

heres a quick vid of the before and after the header install.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lVhiziwUfg

Cant figure out to embed the video so I just left the link.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sounds great! Mod bug bit ya. You will want more down the road, trust me. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts