Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SciFi Gear Head
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Steve at Solo and put in the order. It was quick and easy, and he said it would ship Monday! I wanted to say thanks Steve and Solo, I will update this post with info and pics once complete.:driving:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Steve and Solo is good people, he dealt with calls for weeks with me, helped me out with every question until we got exactly what I had in mind down.

Haven't looked back, the car is perfect. Your going to love remote start.

Sent from a nuclear plant somewhere..

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts
You will not be disappointed!

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Thanks for your kind words everyone!!! Welcome to the SOLO family!! Let us know if you need anything.

Steve

·
SciFi Gear Head
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I installed the CB last night and got the tips welded on today. Figgin awesome sound and look! The exhaust shop that I brought it too was amazed at the quality of the kit and that it cost anything less than $1000. The guy that welded on the kit said that the shop, and he, has been doing custom exhaust work for 20+ years and he had never seen the J-pipes before, he was amazed at there ability to kill the drone.

It sounds muscle and under control when idle and under normal load, then downright nasty at WOT! love it.

The only issue I have is that once I got it home I noticed that the left tip had been welded on a little uneven. Is there a way I can fix this by loosening and adjusting any of the band clamps, or will they have to cut and re-weld it?

*added a Video:

http://s134.beta.photobucket.com/user/comptrekkie/media/Pontiac G8 GT/IMG_0348-1.mp4.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I installed the CB last night and got the tips welded on today. Figgin awesome sound and look! The exhaust shop that I brought it too was amazed at the quality of the kit and that it cost anything less than $1000. The guy that welded on the kit said that the shop, and he, has been doing custom exhaust work for 20+ years and he had never seen the J-pipes before, he was amazed at there ability to kill the drone.

It sounds muscle and under control when idle and under normal load, then downright nasty at WOT! love it.

The only issue I have is that once I got it home I noticed that the left tip had been welded on a little uneven. Is there a way I can fix this by loosening and adjusting any of the band clamps, or will they have to cut and re-weld it?

Sweet story! Lots of R&D went into making this kit what it has become, seems like forever ago, but totally worth it.

If you paid the shop to tack on the tips, then you might want to go back there and see if they can fix it for you. They might not even charge you if you say you were there the other day and now that it's settled it's a little uneven. Worth a shot, and should be free I would think.

Glad you like the system. Give it a few hundred miles to "carbon up" and then the sound will become even more refined!

--zepcom

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
I would give the same advice as zepcom....if they tack welded it uneven, they should fix it at no charge. I would take it back and have them correct that. Over time, it will drive you nuts if you're any bit OCD like I am.

Steve

·
SciFi Gear Head
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brought it back and they fixed it at no charge. The guy had to cut the welds and realign it, all is good now!

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Awesome news! That's a shop that stands behind their work and values the customer!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts