Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold this:

And picked this up:

Pretty much stock with just a Vararam intake, GXP Rear Diffuser, sharkfin antenna, and SS wheels. Only plans in the near future is to change the stock exhaust to one with a little tone. So far its a nice car with decent power in stock form. Look forward to meeting up with other G8's in the Phoenix area soon!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome aboard. Did you go dealer or private sale ? Had mine a about a year now. It'll be a year April 4th and love it so far . I see they knocked off the gm chicklets too .

·
every village has one
2,364 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you picked up some great mods in the deal.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Congrats you will enjoy, but my very strong recommendation/advice would be get LT headers first and foremost and build from there. Kooks, Stainless Works, ARH are all top notch, you can get a good deal on JBA stainless/coated headers on ebay or other vendors but they require a little custom fab (very minimal) - you will be much happier doing this first and getting it outta the way. You probably know having owned an LSx car before headers are the cornerstone for power.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Congrats on the nice purchase! Looks like you're a couple steps ahead in the mod game already.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Dude, that Camaro of yours was bad ace! Must have been tough letting her go? You made the right choice with your replacement, I promise you! ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. You will enjoy the G8. I know I do. Once you start modding, you can't stop

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Congrats..... again! Haa

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade and welcome. I'm sure your SS was modded and fast, but platform you have now is well suited to go pretty much as far as you and your wallet can stand. Have fun!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Super clean SS man, I know the feeling. It was a nice change to the G8.
Look into the rear sub mod (free) to get more bass out of the subs.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Congrats! I don't think you'll be disappointed!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Congratulations.... enjoy!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Congrats and welcome. I am pretty sure your only mod won't be an exhaust though. Its way to fun and tempting to do so.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The SS was a clean and quick car but it was time to move on, and I am pretty happy with the new addition. And it would be fun to meet up with other local G8's and plan a cruise or a trip to the pavs soon. The exhaust will be the first mod for sure. The stock exhaust just isn't cutting it haha.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats..... again! Haa
Your times in the GXP are great, if I can get this car to run times like that I would be content. These cars aren't the lightest out there but they do have potential with the lsx platform. Yours definitely looks clean!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts