Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Slowly gaining acceptance
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was, driving on I-84 West through Danbury, enjoying the slight wobble our rough roads had given my poor car, and thinking about how much of a unicorn these G8s can be.

No sooner than that thought came into my head than I saw a familiar bright reflection in my driver’s mirror, followed by a GT cruising past me in the left lane. I moved to the right and sped up to get past the roadblock I had been cruising behind, and I waved and beeped as I repassed the bright red GT before getting off at my exit. My new friend was last seen heading into New York and points beyond.

Safe travels red GT driver, and thanks for reminding me that we’re not alone in this world.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Yea. I used to see more in my area. There was at least 12 to 14, but now I see one once a month.

Once or twice a year i make a trip north to Canada for a couple annul OGOC meets. I'm not far from the border so its not a horrible deive. Worrh it though. We get 40 plus each year. Some from PA and NYC. I believe we also had a guy from Michigan show and a couple ladies from Boston the one year.

Welp. Safe travels guys !

·
F1rehawk
709 Posts
G8s are also unicorns in Canada. I have seen 2 in Brockville Ontario but they are obviously owned by people who don't give two cents (always dirty, ugly looking mods, etc).

Never had the chance to meet one on the highway yet!

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Occasionally will spot a G8 on the road, but not nearly as often as a few years ago. Ironically, seem to see more while driving the G8 versus in another vehicle, but am quite sure its pure coincidental.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Generally, the ones I see from time to time are the same ones in the same area on either the drive to work or the drive home. Occasionally, I'll come across another.

It's about the same as it has always been, really.

A few years ago I think I must have tagged along on the I-77 through Charlotte with a couple of G8s that were on their way to a cruise or a meet. There were three of us in the "parade" :D. Very rare sight that I can't figure would have been THAT random.

·
Slowly gaining acceptance
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There has been a white one I've been seeing around for a while, but now there is either another white one, or the guy with the existing white one has done the Holden thing. This new white one I saw I think for the first time had black Holden badges and a Holden-looking rear wing. Both times I saw it I was going the opposite directly either on the highway or through a busy intersection, so I didn't catch much detail beyond that.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
New owner spotted recently and I gave him an OGOC card. Red V6 and we have some other owners out this way who go to a Cars n Coffee or the strip. MI meets are just 90 min away so I get some good company.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts