Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to be installing a k-n cold air intake today along with an air raid throttle body spacer. I will let you know how it goes and will post pictures.

·
Registered
163 Posts
lol - a throttle body spacer? Really?

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
I used vasoline on the inside of the tubes to make everything slip together easier..

·
Registered
163 Posts
I was thinking the same thing...what does this look like, is it necessary?
no - not necessary. It's a ricer thing. "Spin your air so you atomize fuel more efficiently" As if an inch thick piece of aluminum with some grooves could influence the air flow into throttle body. Especially considering how much the air is redirected after that point.

It's about as effective at increasing air flow as the Miller Light vortex bottle is at getting beer into your gullet faster.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
hey dyno sheets don't lie... throttle body spacers work well with cai systems, not a huge difference but it is a difference.
I put it all in last night everything was very easy sounds and performs great. i will put up some pics as soon as im done paintin g the engine covers.

·
Registered
516 Posts
hey dyno sheets don't lie... throttle body spacers work well with cai systems, not a huge difference but it is a difference.
I put it all in last night everything was very easy sounds and performs great. i will put up some pics as soon as im done paintin g the engine covers.
I have often wondered about the TB spacer. Did it cause any instalation issues for the CAI? I know with the intake I made it might push it too forward or too close to the radiator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts