Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i put in a K & N cai over weekend, everything runs good. But when i step on accelerator i hear a whistle sound for like 2 seconds its not terribly loud but its there. Is this normal with cai or did i do something wrong?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Some CAI are known to have a little bit of a whistle. I would double check and make sure all hoses are fully seated and tight and that nothing is loose. Sometimes, more noise is in the nature of modifying cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
The whistle you hear is normal for the CAI. Trust me. It's no problem

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys this is my 1st one so really didnt know what to expect. Definitley makes the car fun to drive.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
If you get a bigger throttle body like I have, there is no whistle. Sound good though eh?

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
+ 1. A slight whistle is 100% normal. However, a whistle, followed by toe tapping, knee patting, head bobbing, and a good old fashioned square dance would be abnormal.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
+ 1. A slight whistle is 100% normal. However, a whistle, followed by toe tapping, knee patting, head bobbing, and a good old fashioned square dance would be abnormal.
That's hilarious. Lmfao.
I liked the whistle when I had it, but now no whistle with the 76mm throttle body. Compared to the stock 71mm one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts