Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wife works at Whiteman AFB, and lives in Lamonte, so I am up there all the time. I work down at Tinker AFB in OKC. So if you see a SRM with OKie plates in South KC, Lee's Summit, or running up and down route 50, its probably me.

Rob

·
Registered
125 Posts
I live in Lansing/Leavenworth County pretty close to KCK AND KCMO. I've seem a couple of G8 V6's and GT's in town but I don't know if they are on the board or not. I try to stop and talk to them but they all seem to snobby

·
Registered
102 Posts
more KC people?

There's got to be more G8 people around KC who get onto this board. So here's an updated list, and what's the point if it doesn't include color for us to match who we see on the road!!

I'm putting this in both the thread in Central (for KS) and in Midwest (for MO) -- damn that State Line Road!!

date -- name -- color -- year, model -- area of town
3/08 -- G8Smitty -- WH -- 08 G8GT -- Lee's Summit
6/08 -- HD926 -- ??? -- 09 G8GT -- KCMO, Northland
9/08 -- Chevy CamaroSS00 -- ?? -- ???? -- Overland Park
11/08 -- E.A. -- ??? -- 08 G8GT -- Lenexa
1/09 -- CNGXP -- MGM -- 09.5 G8GXP -- KCMO, Brookside
2/09 -- KCG8GT -- PBM -- 09 G8GT -- Olathe
2/09 -- RxApple -- SBM -- 09 G8GT -- KCMO, ??
2/09 -- simplelux -- MGM -- 08 G8GT -- Olathe
2/09 -- nomad 0305 -- MSM -- 09 G8GT -- Warrensburg
2/09 -- blackgoat -- SBM -- 09 G8GT -- NKC
4/09 -- Pongdadong -- PBM -- 08 G8GT -- Lansing
5/09 -- Monte8009G8GT -- SBM -- 09 G8GT -- Independence
5/09 -- in2blew -- SBM -- 09 G8GT -- Warrensburg
5/09 -- p-s-p-p -- SRM -- 09.5 G8GT -- KCMO, Brookside
6/09 -- sssmokin99 -- WH -- 09 G8GT -- KCMO, Plaza
7/09 -- Derek98z -- LR -- 09 G8GT -- Raymore
8/09 -- cliving8 -- LR -- 09 G8 -- Emporia
9/09 -- midwestimages -- ?? -- 09 G8GXP -- KCMO??
10/09 -- D-Webz -- LR -- 09 G8GT -- KCK
11/09 -- Wingtime -- SRM -- 09 G8GT -- Gardner
11/09 -- pontiac1204 -- SRM -- 09.5 G8GT -- Blue Springs

honorary KC (frequents area and may be spotted)
2/09 -- rcpepper -- SRM -- 09 G8GT -- Choctow, OK
4/09 -- GXPCatz -- MGM -- 09.5 G8GXP -- St. Louis

·
Registered
12 Posts
i live in topeka, ks and ill be picking up my g8 in 36 hours

·
Registered
295 Posts
KCK, in the OP for me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Bump, KC owners???
Close enough to KC.....Live in Lansing, the outskirts of Leavenworth County. Anyone here of house of boost or Aerocharger? Thinking about going with one of there systems. The CAI and axle backs just are not cuttin it for me anymore! Need more power

·
Registered
125 Posts
Anyone seen the Red G8 GT w/ the chrome 20's w/ red accents. I see it in town all the time but don't know who it is. Nobody say's sh*t to anyone in this town.

·
Registered
171 Posts
P.S.P.P.

Thanks for adding me to the list. Was up that way twice this month and will be back around Thanksgiving. I saw a Black GT in Lees Summit last time through on Sunday the 18th when I was headed back to OKC.

Rob

·
Registered
102 Posts
D-Webz: added you to the list. (which is located in both the Central and Midwest threads).

Pongdadong: Back in the spring, I remember Andy Klein putting 20" chrome wheels onto a SRM G8GT that was for sale, but it didn't have any red accents. So someone has obviously bought some aftermarket wheels. Speaking of . . . about 2 months ago, I went to KC Trends (the original one on Johnson Dr.) and saw some sweet rims. I really liked a 20" Lexani, but thinking I'll wait at least through my first winter before deciding on whether to get any aftermarket wheels & tires. Just too many other important things to spend money on!!

rcpepper: no problem! FYI, I went to law school in Oklahoma City so I lived there for 3 years. Really weird thing is that I had a dream last night about driving through OKC. Maybe my subconscious is telling me to hit the highway with my G8??

·
Registered
125 Posts
Here are the KC people I've detected so far, in order of joining the forum:

3/08, G8Smitty, Lee's Summit
6/08, HD926, Kansas City
9/08, ChevyCamaroSS00, Overland Park
11/08, E.A., Lenexa
2/09, KCG8GT, Kansas City area (so where are you from?)
2/09, RxApple, Kansas City
2/09, simplelux, Kansas City
5/09, MntG8009G8GT, Kansas City
5/09, p-s-p-p, Kansas City (me)
7/09, Derek98z, Raymore

More? I've had my car just shy of 2 months now, and only saw another G8 while driving, once. Just once. It was on Noland Rd. I honked and waved, and the old man and old lady (no offense) just kept staring into the abyss. I felt like they didn't deserve to be driving a G8 if they were that oblivious!!
Forgot me...got mine September of 08 - Leavenworth County area, Kansas

·
Registered
102 Posts
Pongdadong: look at post #23 in this thread. It's a fuller version, and I've been updating it when I find out more people. The post you quoted was an old one. You've been on my list since mid-Sept. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
rcpepper: no problem! FYI, I went to law school in Oklahoma City so I lived there for 3 years. Really weird thing is that I had a dream last night about driving through OKC. Maybe my subconscious is telling me to hit the highway with my G8??

That's kinda funny. If you ever make down this way, we'll have to meet for lunch. Be on the lookout later this month, will be on my way through. Weather will determine the mode of transportation though. I drove through KC in January in the snow this year in my truck and don't think I would risk taking the car in a snow storm.

Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
There's got to be more G8 people around KC who get onto this board. So here's an updated list, and what's the point if it doesn't include color for us to match who we see on the road!!

I'm putting this in both the thread in Central (for KS) and in Midwest (for MO) -- damn that State Line Road!!

date -- name -- color -- year, model -- area of town
3/08 -- G8Smitty -- WH -- 08 G8GT -- Lee's Summit
6/08 -- HD926 -- ??? -- 09 G8GT -- KCMO, Northland
9/08 -- Chevy CamaroSS00 -- ?? -- ???? -- Overland Park
11/08 -- E.A. -- ??? -- 08 G8GT -- Lenexa
1/09 -- CNGXP -- MGM -- 09.5 G8GXP -- KCMO, Brookside
2/09 -- KCG8GT -- PBM -- 09 G8GT -- Olathe
2/09 -- RxApple -- SBM -- 09 G8GT -- KCMO, ??
2/09 -- simplelux -- ??? -- ???? -- KCMO, ??
2/09 -- nomad 0305 -- MSM -- 09 G8GT -- Warrensburg
2/09 -- blackgoat -- SBM -- 09 G8GT -- NKC
4/09 -- Pongdadong -- PBM -- 08 G8GT -- Lansing
5/09 -- Monte8009G8GT -- SBM -- 09 G8GT -- Independence
5/09 -- in2blew -- SBM -- 09 G8GT -- Warrensburg
5/09 -- p-s-p-p -- SRM -- 09.5 G8GT -- KCMO, Brookside
6/09 -- sssmokin99 -- WH -- 09 G8GT -- KCMO, Plaza
7/09 -- Derek98z -- LR -- 09 G8GT -- Raymore
8/09 -- cliving8 -- LR -- 09 G8 -- Emporia
10/09 -- D-Webz -- LR -- 09 G8GT -- KCK

honorary KC (frequents area and may be spotted)
2/09 -- rcpepper -- SRM -- 09 G8GT -- Choctow, OK
4/09 -- GXPCatz -- MGM -- 09.5 G8GXP -- St. Louis

Simplelux- Grey 2008 G8GT- on 22's - Olathe, KS

·
Registered
1 Posts
name, Wingtime -- color, Sport Red -- year, 09-- model, GT -- area of town, Gardner KS

·
Registered
171 Posts
Snow sucks, and my trip home Sunday really sucked. Especially when the bridge at the 435/470 interchange was covered in slush with no visible lanes and people passing me on both sides while I was running 45+ to keep from getting run over. Made it back without incident, so that's a plus. Snowing like crazy when I left Knob Noster at noon.

Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a legit KC owner. I live near Zona Rosa here in the Northland. 2009 Silver GT with sport package and wheel upgrade. just joined the website because I am on a hunt for a solo exhaust system. The SOLO website doesnt show any G8 related systems however everyone on this website raves about the system. I had magnaflow axle back however the drone was so bad I had to sell them on ebay with only 100 miles on them. Apparently the CORSA and SOLO systems are the only ones we can buy that wont have the annoying drone.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I live in Lee's Summit. Got a liquid red 08 gt in November. Any recommendations for a place to get the windows tinted?

21 - 40 of 62 Posts