Pontiac G8 Forum banner

241 - 260 of 721 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Anybody have problems with downloading updates from kayhan? He sent me three different links to fix the ambient temp but cant get any of them to work or download to a usb stick.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Anybody have problems with downloading updates from kayhan? He sent me three different links to fix the ambient temp but cant get any of them to work or download to a usb stick.
I haven't had to try updates yet. Transferring a file shouldn't be a hard part in the process. Google Drive should work.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
First two need a decryption key. Third needs a login.

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts
Here’s some links for the outside temp fix. See if anyone can get them to work to download to a usb stick. I cant seem to get it to work.

https://mega.nz/#F!8VMFyYyR

Https://mega.nz/#F!8VMFyYyR!pVable0ffyg3E8t2EZOFnw

Á¢¼´ÏÂÔØ

They struggle to upload large files, they couldn't get the NAV files up for me, supposed to be on their way via a USB drive. Of course looking at that last link the file is 27k. Now I talked to someone on facebook who got a 1.2 GB upgrade sent to them to fix the temp (which failed to load), I don' tknow..

·
Registered
106 Posts
He supposed to send me a thumb drive with the updates. My Bluetooth is **** tons of static too. Im in my shop also but my phone is clear as a bell inside my shop so Makes me wonder. Maybe should have went with g8 designs and HU😕

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here’s some links for the outside temp fix. See if anyone can get them to work to download to a usb stick. I cant seem to get it to work.

https://mega.nz/#F!8VMFyYyR

Https://mega.nz/#F!8VMFyYyR!pVable0ffyg3E8t2EZOFnw

Á¢¼´ÏÂÔØ

They struggle to upload large files, they couldn't get the NAV files up for me, supposed to be on their way via a USB drive. Of course looking at that last link the file is 27k. Now I talked to someone on facebook who got a 1.2 GB upgrade sent to them to fix the temp (which failed to load), I don' tknow..
Got the static out just adjusted the gain the right way and it’s good now. Hopefully his updates he sends me will work!

·
Slowly gaining acceptance
412 Posts
So i confirmed that there is a v2 of the Kayhan set to arrive very soon, any thoughts or hopes on what you guys would like to see from it? I think a U.S. version that comes with the correct loaded maps and climate pre-installed would be about all i can think of. New load up screens and more ways personalize the radio would be pleasing. Hard to not just buy this one right now considering the rave reviews. Although after waiting so long to upgrade radios, I don't see any reason to not wait another month.

It has to have satellite radio. No satellite = no sale for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah Sat radio is something i'm going to have to figure out myself, going to have to get the app on my phone most likely. An integrated XM is something i hope someone can figure out soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
"Before you place your order shoot me a message on this page first as our American ordering page might be up and ready by then which means less shipping fees and quicker delivery for you" -Kayhan U.S.A facebook
Wanted to share w/ y'all if you plan on ordering one soon.

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts
Got the static out just adjusted the gain the right way and it’s good now. Hopefully his updates he sends me will work!
I gotta tweak mine some more, I was able to get it sounding good sitting in the garage, apparently it goes to **** once the car is running.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I gotta tweak mine some more, I was able to get it sounding good sitting in the garage, apparently it goes to **** once the car is running.

I havent tried mine with it running yet so maybe it will get worse. I hope it will work the same with it running.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
He told me the mic in the front of the unit works really well. I haven't tried it yet.

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts
Anyone have buyer's remorse yet?
Other then the call issues I'm happy with it, I don't make a lot of calls in the car so it's not put me there yet. If you use bluetooth calling a lot in the car I wouldn't recommend this unit until we figure out if it can be improved.

241 - 260 of 721 Posts