Pontiac G8 Forum banner

421 - 440 of 721 Posts

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts
What else is getting fixed?

Pretty happy with the unit. Just wish I could fins a way to change the vehicle pic to our own.
Hopefully the delay in talking to the canbus on wake up. Mine takes awhile sometimes to show the state of the HVAC system and the exterior temp. It's a minor thing and about the only complaint I have about it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
What else is getting fixed?

Pretty happy with the unit. Just wish I could fins a way to change the vehicle pic to our own.
Hopefully the delay in talking to the canbus on wake up. Mine takes awhile sometimes to show the state of the HVAC system and the exterior temp. It's a minor thing and about the only complaint I have about it.

Same here love how it works just that issue. It took me about 5 times to get the hvac to wake up yesterday.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Could somebody please post a picture of how the retained accessory power is toggled on. I’ve tried just about everything I could think of, and I can’t get it working on either of the too cars.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I can’t wait to see how this is done!
these are not my instructions, someone posted it up on the facebook. In this photo, the Holden logo is where the car normally goes. These units are apparently universal to many cars made by a company called phoenix here in the U.S.... the original poster here below said he got the instructions from a tundra forum

"To have a different 'home page image' than the 3 cars built in (like how I have the Holden logo) you need to create a 740px * 313px PNG file with transparent background. Name it ZXWLOGO.png and using the built in file explorer copy it from a usb to the sdcard folder. Then reboot the head unit."

So, if you want to use a photo of your car, you will need to use photoshop or another similar program to create a file in the above size, drop in a photo of your car you want to use, "cut out" your car, delete the background, and save it as a PNG file.

I am thinking of doing mine with an Arrowhead or the "Pontiac G8" logo with the silhouette of the car

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #427
Mine, which does a few minutes (haven't timed it) of RAP, is set to ACC Delay off.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
It’s identical to this.

NOAUKA Waterproof IP68 Night Vision 170 Degree Car Rear View/Reversing/Reverse Camera Universal Color CMOS Imaging Chip Backup Parking HD Front View Camera
thank you. have been looking for this info for a while

theyve been right on top of any and all technical questions ive had. They probably dont want to answer you about cameras because i'd bet they use cameras easily sourced online and theyd lose that markup by showing you what they sell. They were acting that way when me when I had questions about the dashcam option
the issue I have is that they really dont tell you anything about the camera (last i looked anyhow), so I'm not sure what I'm getting and what specs it has.

Same here love how it works just that issue. It took me about 5 times to get the hvac to wake up yesterday.
like the hvac straight didn't turn on? that's a deal breaker for me. Still on an early april purchase timeline for me. Too cold to do anything in the garage right now and hoping they have the bugs and us shipping stuff figured out by then.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
what carplay (for apple) kit are you guys buying? assuming it's cheaper from amazon or ebay?

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
like the hvac straight didn't turn on? that's a deal breaker for me. Still on an early april purchase timeline for me. Too cold to do anything in the garage right now and hoping they have the bugs and us shipping stuff figured out by then.
The HVAC turns on when you start the car. It stays in the last setting you had it on previously until you press a button to change it. Even if for some reason it doesn't look like it's responding.

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts
what carplay (for apple) kit are you guys buying? assuming it's cheaper from amazon or ebay?
I got the Carlinkit from aliexpress for 50ish, works fine. From what I can tell they all sell the same hardware with different firmware on it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It’s identical to this.

NOAUKA Waterproof IP68 Night Vision 170 Degree Car Rear View/Reversing/Reverse Camera Universal Color CMOS Imaging Chip Backup Parking HD Front View Camera

theyve been right on top of any and all technical questions ive had. They probably dont want to answer you about cameras because i'd bet they use cameras easily sourced online and theyd lose that markup by showing you what they sell. They were acting that way when me when I had questions about the dashcam option
the issue I have is that they really dont tell you anything about the camera (last i looked anyhow), so I'm not sure what I'm getting and what specs it has.

The hvac is still on but shows that its off until you hit the fan or another function then it shows that its on

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
well that's a little better but still an issue. i'm in auto 71* 98% of the time.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts

This is the one that I have. It’s much easier to rotate the base then the one mentioned earlier on in this thread. https://www.amazon.ca/COOLINT®-CT-107B-Housing-520TVL-Camera/dp/B00P914PMY.

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts
well that's a little better but still an issue. i'm in auto 71* 98% of the time.

It's more of an annoyance, if you start the car up it'll use the previous settings, it just doesn't always show that state right away on the display.

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts
Per Kayhan, they are uploading the update today and will share the link on their site. Per the chat it fixes this - Screen brightness, AC speed, climate change and outside temperature and some other minor bug removal.

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts
It loaded ok, it did pop up just the word Android on the screen for a couple of minutes on first boot but eventually finished the upgrade.

The white car is back in the home page options. The couple tries of starting the car, the HVAC controls showed the right state every time.

421 - 440 of 721 Posts