Pontiac G8 Forum banner

441 - 460 of 721 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
So how exactly do we load this on to the unit? Thank you in advance.

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts
Stick the px3.img file on an empty USB drive, plug it into the radio, wait for it to prompt you to update and hit ok. It will eventually prompt you to unplug then reboot itself.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Stick the px3.img file on an empty USB drive, plug it into the radio, wait for it to prompt you to update and hit ok. It will eventually prompt you to unplug then reboot itself.
Got it. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Per Kayhan, they are uploading the update today and will share the link on their site. Per the chat it fixes this - Screen brightness, AC speed, climate change and outside temperature and some other minor bug removal.
So what exactly is supposed be different about the screen brightness? I haven’t noticed any difference, yet anyways.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #445
I asked them about the dimmer shortcut in the top bar working for the night setting (or maybe even both) instead of just the day setting. I wonder if that's it.

·
Long Member
536 Posts
these are not my instructions, someone posted it up on the facebook. In this photo, the Holden logo is where the car normally goes. These units are apparently universal to many cars made by a company called phoenix here in the U.S.... the original poster here below said he got the instructions from a tundra forum

"To have a different 'home page image' than the 3 cars built in (like how I have the Holden logo) you need to create a 740px * 313px PNG file with transparent background. Name it ZXWLOGO.png and using the built in file explorer copy it from a usb to the sdcard folder. Then reboot the head unit."

So, if you want to use a photo of your car, you will need to use photoshop or another similar program to create a file in the above size, drop in a photo of your car you want to use, "cut out" your car, delete the background, and save it as a PNG file.

I am thinking of doing mine with an Arrowhead or the "Pontiac G8" logo with the silhouette of the car
Thanks, saw it last night and I'm adding to the FAQ of the doc that was posted: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ujokK2T7VN9NcQ1ZG25dhKC2C0p3x08tMvHlvMeDRWU

*edit* - Needs approval for original creator, Excelsior (Kevin P)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Loaded mine but still does the same thing with the hvac. Turned on hvac then turned car off and on again but it shows -40 temp and shows its off but its on.🙁

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Loaded mine but still does the same thing with the hvac. Turned on hvac then turned car off and on again but it shows -40 temp and shows its off but its on.🙁
Same here, but only on a remote start.

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts
Yeah mine is still doing the same thing also, it connected on it's own after a few minutes of driving this morning.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
A bit off-topic but.... does anybody know if there is a way to get a song list while playing music over Bluetooth? Instead of using the phone to find a particular song.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Looks like there’s another new update tonight.

·
Slowly gaining acceptance
412 Posts
Just tried downloading and it says it contains a virus.

THAT'S the fix.

Seriously though, that's a pain in the arse. Still waiting on the satellite integration, which I think they will work on once they get these kinks worked out.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
It's the same file, they switched from using Google Drive to Dropbox..
I just finished updating both of mine also. And you’re right, it’s the same crap. Very annoying!

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Here’s what I have noticed. If you turn the key to the first position, “accessory” and leave it that way for around 3 to 5 seconds. Then if you turn it to the second position “run“, it’s all good.

Very strange!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #460
I updated mine last night. I hadn't done any other updates. The temp is now actually Fahrenheit. I still had to press something to get the temp and hvac to update, but it doesn't bother me much. Main temp control is still on the left and the right cars were available for the home screen. The screen brightness seems to act like it did before, so I don't know what was fixed there.

441 - 460 of 721 Posts