Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods please delete this thread if it is not relevant.

On the GTO's if you have the fog lights on and you either flash or keep your high-beams on it turns off the fog lights. I figured this would be the same in the G8's though please someone correct me if I am wrong. Well someone figured out how to disable this over on a couple GTO forums and I am sharing it here as it might be the same relay considering the similarity's.

The following pictures are from the GTO forum member who found this out.

In the GTO you would pull this relay here, the missing relay in the second row would be the DRL relay removed to accommodate for HID's.

After you pull the relay out you "mame" this connector here, cut it, bend it, however you want to go about it.

Place it back in the fuse box and now you can keep your fogs on when you use your high-beams, or have all three sets of lights on at the same time.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I hope someone tries this so I don't have to be the guinea pig.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Instead of cutting the one pin or connector, could you perhaps cover it with tape so your not physically damaging the relay? At least this should work to test it out... I'll have to try this...

·
Registered
237 Posts
subscribed

·
Facebook Moderator
1,452 Posts
i wanna do this too!! then i can have 6 HIDs blinding people

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looked at this tonite. G8 is not the same. All the lighting relays are simply a coil and a single contact. What is pictured above has two contacts, probably one normally closed, one normally open. Going to look at it more tomorrow as we are supposed to get rain. I will let you know if I figure it out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found this in the G8 owners manual, the Fog Lamps do have a relay, it is Realy "R5" in the Engine Compartment Fuse Block. Someone remove that relay and check the pin layout.

EDIT: I highlighted that part of the manual.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yep, it has relays. And, they are not the same. Only four pins. Two are the coil, and two are the contact. Not going to work as the op posted.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Our DRL relay we pull is not in the engine compartment fuse box, but inside the car by your left foot. maybe in there, there is a fog relay we can mess with?

This one:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Subscribed

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Not trying to sound like a hall monitor or anything, but in most states isn't this illegal??

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Not sure if it's illegal, but most people will only have their high beams on when there is no oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Not sure if it's illegal, but most people will only have their high beams on when there is no oncoming traffic.
You mean the same ones that blind me when they forget to switch them back to low beam... right!!! Wearing glasses doesn't help either....:rant:

·
TeRm1n8D
846 Posts
You mean the same ones that blind me when they forget to switch them back to low beam... right!!! Wearing glasses doesn't help either....:rant:
Yeap those would be the ones. You should try the anti-glare lenses I hear they make a world of difference.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
24 Participants
jaymiles007
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing