Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanna buy one before I open the thing. Thanks!

Mine lasted since summer of '09. Pretty darn good.

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
They use the #2032 battery. Or some have elected to double up the voltage by substituting that thicker #2032 with a double stacked (thinner) battery that I think was something like #2016

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. What does increasing the voltage do? (I've been living under a rock.)

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
I looked back at some of the key fob searches, an some members tried double stacking the #2016 battery to see if it would extend the range of all the key fobs functions. Some improved a little, others saw no improvement. Never heard that trying that technique ever caused any damage to the key fob. Several also elected to add wire length to the existing short antenna on the RCDLR for the same purpose. They did this by routing the wire up the C pillar to various locations above the head liner. Some stated it increased it very little, where others say they gained a ton of distance. Probably best to just replace the #2032 battery for now. Several devices use this battery P/N (like garage door openers). You can buy a 1 or 2 battery blister pack for an extremely inflated price, or buy in bulk (like 10 to 25) dirt cheap, That's what I did since I have 5 key fobs as well as helping others that might need one).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
GOPHERIT
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing