Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see it here on this site, but Greg at Pace posted on the other board that the rubber button piece of the key fob is now available.

#92206277 and it goes for 9.58 + tax.

Good news too, as I'm not sure how many more presses my fob has left in it. The unlock has big openings on both sides, the lock section has holes in either side as well, and the start and trunk buttons have fair sized cracks. I'm glad I don't have to buy a whole new unit just for the rubber!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered mine today from a Chevy dealer. I'll post pics when it comes in.

Pace's price is actually cheaper than I posted, but you would have to order more stuff as it doesn't meet the dollar minum/order.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, it came in and it looks great! I'll try to post pictures this evening.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here you go.
If you've ever changed the battery in your Flip Key, it's the same process. If not, I hope the stuff below works out.

I wanted to put the words in between the pictures, but I don't know how. So words first, pictures second.

1. Open Flip key and stick a suitable hard, flat object in the little slot. It doesn't have to go very far, it's just to gently pry the two halves apart.

2.Once those two pieces are separated, find the small opening in the end, insert the flat tool of your choice and gently twist. The top will separate from the bottom. Be careful as the actual transmitter circut board assembly can fall out at this point

3. The key ring mount slides off of the button pad. Slide it onto the new button pad. This is a good time to clean the mung out of the other half of the key fob.

4. Squeeze the button pad back onto the lower half of the unit, making sure that the circut board is properly seated. Squeeze it all the way back together.

5. Slide the newly assembled section back into the flip key portion and you're set to go.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next Picture Set

Attachments

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had some nail clippers in my pocket for a day, and a leatherman for a while, and while that no doubt sped-up the process, they had started cracking before that.
I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact I was going to have to buy a whole new fob just for the button pad.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't checked that yet, but I don't believe it would have any effect on range. I'll check and let you know though.

When I had my Grand Prix, I had the fob open to replace the battery and decided to clean out all of the grunge. Well, some of that grunge was a conductive coating on the backside of the rubber buttons! Needless to say, that remote never worked again. This button Pad actually has pins that protrude through the bottom and press on the contacts under the clear rubber on the circut board. Much better design.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks Ramjet....I will be ordering mine soon! Great post and very helpful!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mine started looking really bad just out of the B2B. I'm at 75K now, so they would just laugh.

Ace, I'm glad that it is doing some good.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts