Pontiac G8 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just ordered 2 replacement button pads from Chevy Dealer in Memphis TN for $8.60 each. Pace had them for $5.98 ea but shipping added $15, so I'll pick them up at my local dealer. He said there were plenty of these parts available from his source.

Thanks for this thread - I actually read the whole thing and picked out the correct part number and instructions - great help - thank you. :driving:
Stopping by Serra on Monday to order mine.

·
Registered
211 Posts
just picked up mine at gm dealer in toronto cost $10.00 and they installed it free

willie

·
Registered
358 Posts
Man RamJet, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this thread and pictorial. I couldn't have done this without you and probably would have just broke the remote. Works and looks perfect now. Kudos.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Thanks for the info..... still benefitting members today !

·
Registered
401 Posts
I got a new shell and buttons from Ebay for less than 10 bucks shipped. Works and looks great except for the remote start. You have to mash the button really hard to make the start work. My little wife has had a time already making it work. I wonder if it will get easier with some use,or should I get the genuine 92245050 pad?

My wife said it was no big deal,and she can use her flip key to start the car if nothing else. Women tend to not like to put up with nuisance stuff like men will do,though. She is normally very cool about stuff don't get me wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,522 Posts
... I wonder if it will get easier with some use,or should I get the genuine 92245050 pad?...
It's possible, but no guarantee since the remote start on all three fobs owned always takes extra thumb strength to trigger. Come to think of it, do seem to recall the flip key fob remote start was easier to activate. However, the ignition key recall eliminated it awhile ago.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Come to think of it, do seem to recall the flip key fob remote start was easier to activate. However, the ignition key recall eliminated it awhile ago.
What do you mean? I had the recall done a few months ago, going from the flip key to a fixed blade and now I can't get the remote start to work.

·
Premium Member
4,522 Posts
What do you mean?...
The buttons on the original flip key were more pliable than these on the current fixed key fob. However, this might be due to using the flip key over time and not necessarily a characteristic of a new genuine GM button pad.

·
Premium Member
4,522 Posts
Key fob can be finicky. 1. Usually hit unlock which (may/may not help). 2. Lock. 3.Then, hold the remote vehicle start button a few seconds. Sometimes it works on the first try. :laugh2: Other times on the second.:smile2: At times not at all.:frown2:

·
Registered
401 Posts
I went ahead and bought the factory replacement pad because my wife is having a time with her remote since I put that ebay pad on.
I haven't put it on yet, but it seems more pliable already so we'll see if it's any better. I was having to press as hard as I can with my thumb,and then press that thumb with the other thumb to make it work.

·
Premium Member
4,522 Posts
Dorman 13682 is an inexpensive keyless remote case replacement for the 92245050.

·
F1rehawk
672 Posts
Dorman 13682 is an inexpensive keyless remote case replacement for the 92245050.
This is the one I just got and I'm very satisfied with it.

Installation was a bit tricky, just make sure to connect back the two top parts together before sliding everything down on the lower part. Took me a little while to figure out how to put it back together. I also wasn't caffeinated at that time.

·
Premium Member
4,522 Posts
Unintentionally broke a portion of the upper key housing, but nothing a little super glue couldn't "fix". Gesh

161 - 180 of 181 Posts