Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm really stuck on this issue that I have with my 2009 G8 GT. It belongs to my wife, her daily driver. Never had any issues with the car. The other day she left work, a few minutes later the car was idling high as if she were hitting the throttle. She pulls over turns off the ignition, was unable to fire the car back up and now the key is stuck in the ignition and there is no power going to anything in the car. I checked all the fuses in all 3 locations and not a one looked burnt out. the battery reads at 12.5v and i am unable to shift the car in neutral. Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
How is it, that you know the battery has 12.5 volts, if the car is in a no power going to anything condition ? We can do somethings to narrow down the problem area if you have a multi meter.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Check all of the grounds. I had my car die on the road due to one of them.

1. battery where it connects to the chassis
2. front of engine on passenger side
3. 2-3 bolts in the fuse box

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
The battery/chassis ground has been highlighted as a potential problem. It is right by the battery, rearward of it, going down into the trunk floor. The underside can corrode due to exposure to the elements. Might still look ok from the top.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the only thing getting power is the blinking red light on the cd player. no power to anything. i even had the battery load tested and recharged.

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
You need access to a multi-meter. With that meter in hand, verify if the 12 volts are showing up at the underhood jump posts. If OK verify you have that power showing up at the underhood fuse panel (there is a large feed wire bolted at the front of that panel). It sounds like you have no power reaching that fuse box. Without power, you are big time dead in the water. There are a few things that get their power from the aft fuse panel, but if the underhood fuse panel has no power, you would be unable to make even those items come to life. If in fact you have power at the underhood jump posts, but have lost power to that underhood fuse panel, it would read that your inline 175 link fuse has failed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts