Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Gardnertroy's thread reminded me to post about this.)

On the way to the track the other day and I'm just cruising along at my normal 80-85ish speed and I come up on some traffic that slows me down to around 75. There were only a few vehicles in the pack of traffic and just as I ease past them back into another open stretch of road I look in the rearview and see this silver challenger RT coming up fast! I mean this guy had to have had the cruise set at 95-100 mph. He was rolling with his windows down and the roof open sporting the whole "my car is faster than yours" look with his woman riding shotgun(not gonna lie she was kinda hot). As I don't get good races very often I instantly knew this was going to be a good chance for one so I just hit the blinker and moved over into the slow lane while also slapping it into manual mode and using the ol camaro button shifters to drop it down into 3rd in preparation. Well he just tried to cruise right on by me so I stomped it and as soon as I did he did as well. I proceeded to leave his a$$ behind as I pulled from about 75 up to around 140 when I let out of it. He caught up to me in the slow lane and as he went by he was hanging his head out the window to see what that 4 door was that just hurt his hemi feelings. Haha. Actually he was laughing having a good ol time. When the road opened up again I let him take off and I took off after him and caught up to him then slowed for another group of traffic which he proceeded to wildly swerve back and forth through while throwing his arms out the sunroof and window waving to me like "why aren't you driving like a complete moron like me?" Lol. At that point I just let him go on his way.

My story telling sucks so that was probly hard to read for some. None the less that is another hemi down.

I did get killed by another Hemi at the track though. 6.1 SRT8 with boltons, tune, 125 shot and drag radials so I don't feel too bad about that. Also got it handed to be by what Im guessing was a stock grand sport. Same hp and less weight on his end so he just steadily pulled on me the whole track. His run was a 10.4 in the 1000' and mine was a 10.7 so he wasn't blowing me outa the water. I made one solo run and then my last run I went up against an 80s model supra that I demolished. He asked to race me so I said sure. I guess he saw the 4 doors and though he might actually have a chance against me. He was several bus lengths back at the end of the track.

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
nice kill on the road & track challenger OP! At least he was cool about it.....:)

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice kill on the road & track challenger OP! At least he was cool about it.....:)
Thanks. I was really hoping to see the challenger out at the track as that was the direction he was heading as well but he wasn't there. It would have been nice to get a nice even launch race against him just to make sure he didn't think I had some kind of unfair advantage in the roll race. Usually stock hemis are about 1 sec slower than me in the 1000'. I know some of you guys aren't use to seeing 1000' times but for comparison my 10.7 runs would be either high 12.8s or low 12.9s.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Nice kill!

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
Nice kill. You have your Hookers on yet?

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice kill. You have your Hookers on yet?
No I haven't put them on yet. I haven't got tips yet. Right now I'm more focused on getting all the parts together for the brembo swap since my brakes have about had it.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
I believe in another thread somewhere, he said it would equate to a 12.7-12.9 if I remember correctly. He'll chime in and correct me if I'm wrong!! lol

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe in another thread somewhere, he said it would equate to a 12.7-12.9 if I remember correctly. He'll chime in and correct me if I'm wrong!! lol
Yeah I think it would be a 12.8 or 12.9 comparing it to other g8 time slips. Maybe 107-108 but its hard to say for sure. Im losing a little with these heavy ars rims.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts