Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met up with my buddy last night who did a dyno of 400rwhp and 392 on torque with a cai and upgraded muffler, not sure on brand. Sense then he has upgraded his exhaust, headers on back with potted throttle and ported intake, and tune. The power is unknown at the time. I have full bolt ons including a 3000 stall doing 375 rwhp and 378 torque. Any how we lined them up at the light, light turned green and we were gone. Of course I had traction issues seeing how tires spent all the way the second gear, he had some wheel spin but nothing at all like mines, and of course he let me have it...:). We decided to do a role at thirty in first gear and wheels still broke loose, must say I have to get use to my car. I wone two races but let him say it, he started in the wrong gear. We decided to hit the highway doing a role in second, in my opinion it was a much better race till we got to 100mph. At 140 he had three car lengths on me Smh. This was my first race sense owning my car and it was a blast. In my opinion it's gonna be a much better race when we hit the track. Sorry guys,I let the g8 family down but it's not over, cam is next and you better believe it's gonna be a different outcome.

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
Great jobe on the car and better luck next time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Its all good man, ive been beat by my buddies SRT8 charger, and other buddies SRT8 300 before. Grant the fact the 300 puts down around 542 at the ground lol. and the charger isnt far behind the 300 lol.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HE has a buddy that has a super bee charger that did 446 to the wheels and not even he can catch him so that makes me feel some what better. LOL

·
Registered
596 Posts
My buddy has a srt8 300 with tune and intake we did a few 0-140 pulls and i had him every time till he shifted into 5th he just pulled as if i stopped trying. I would beat him in a 1/4 but still walked me after like 120

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After the cam goes in its game over for the SRT's!
that's what I said.... fyi I just notice your paint scheme and I planned on doing something very simular to mines but don't want you to think I'm copying. LOL. Yours looks nice by the way.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Nice. His torque number is oddly low for a tuned car. Makes me wonder.

My buddy has a srt8 300 with tune and intake we did a few 0-140 pulls and i had him every time till he shifted into 5th he just pulled as if i stopped trying. I would beat him in a 1/4 but still walked me after like 120
What's wrong with his car? Canned tune, dyno, Diablo or Jet Chip?

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I got beat by modded 300 SRT8 a few years ago, which is what started my obsessive modding, lol. I really hated losing to that guy. No chance of it happening now, but I've spent way too much $$$.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts