Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Kilometers or miles on your G8

7K views 44 replies 32 participants last post by  GT Drew 
#1 ·
My G8 GT just hit 87,000 KMs today which is just over 54,000 miles. Will be able to put on many more over the years. My V6 is just over 122,000 kms which is just under 76,000 miles. What about your ride.

#4 ·
Wow hardly any miles on the SBM I bought mine with 37,000 miles on it in 2013 Gt & 36,000 miles in 2012 on the v6.

#5 ·
Just hit 140,000 wonderful miles yesterday alot of great travels over the 10 years I've owned the car,travels included many trips to BOSTON since my wife and I are big BOSTON RED SOX FANS;trip's to WOODSTOCK V.T;THE OUTERBANKS N.C;MYRTLE BEACH S.C;GETTYSBURG P.A;BALTIMORE INNER HARBOR;COOPERSTOWN N.Y BASEBALL HALL OF FAME;LANCASTER P.A;PHILADELPHIA P.A;PITTSBURG P.A;HARPERS FERRY W.V;MANY TRIPS TO WILDWOOD N.J;This OCTOBER a trip to NIAGARA FALLS CANADA;I'm extremly sure I'll get another 10 years to do more traveling.

#18 ·
I bought mine with 45k last year, thought it was pretty low until I saw some in this thread. Have 56k on it already after a year. I just like driving it too much, and figure it's no fun just sitting there looking at it. I hope to keep mine a very long time. Unfortunately time will probably not be friendly to these cars with the manufacturer being gone and parts becoming more rare.

#19 ·
Bought mine new in '09. It now has 107,xxx miles. Getting the LCAs replaced under warranty next week. Bought my wife's SBM GT in 2012 with 4100 miles. Hers now has 34k.

#20 ·
Bought my PBM GXP new in 09 as well, in Iowa. Put 10,000km on it the first year because of the drive back and a trip to Kamloops. The only time I drove it in the last two years was a 25km trip last year and from one garage bay to the other this year. Has a total of about 24,000km on it now.

#21 ·
Coming up on a month with mine. Both it with 95,000 mi, now it has around 98,500 mi.

#24 ·
183,787 miles as of right now. Daily driven family sedan. I'm hoping to get it to 200k then maybe do a little build on it. Might be developing some lifter tick... so we will see how that goes, I had the lifters replaced earlier in it's life around 72k for the TSB, so we shall see. Love the car though, it really is still the best vehicle I have ever had the pleasure of owning.

#26 ·
222,100km or about 137,924mi - base V6. Not putting much mileage on it this week though - has been sitting at the shop since Thursday waiting for parts to come in from Woodstock, ON, and from the USA - the shifter linkage rusted out and broke apart last Wednesday and left me stuck in reverse lol.

#27 ·
Bought LR GXP in Aug. 16 with 42K in Wisconsin off ebay. Drove 3500 miles home by way of Bay area of Cali. then home to Fountain Hills AZ. Now have 53,500 Mostly weekend driving. DD is 2004 Tahoe Z71 with 228k miles. Most dependable and maintenance free truck I have ever owned.

#28 ·
2008 G8 GT - MGM with 67k Miles.

My first G8, a 2009 G8 GT was sold with 145k miles and I never had an issue with it.

#30 ·
Looks like some people drive their cars while others do not put on much mileage.

#31 ·
Mine's an 09 that I bought at the end of January this year from another member on the board. It had 97,XXX when purchased and was taken GREAT care of. I live in Kentucky and the car was in Denver, CO. I flew out and drove it back—what a great first drive!

She's my daily driver and currently has 107,XXX miles. I just finished closing it back up from a DoD delete, cam swap, and refreshing of everything that came off throughout the process. It puts a smile on my face with every startup and every pedal mash. I'm hoping to go FI next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.