Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have not seen anyone talk about KLAT. The unit gives us "factory like" bluetooth with full streaming and phone talk sounds great. Cost me less than trying to get a VCIM. Do a search on KLAT 7 or 8 if there is any interest.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read good things about bluestar's but they take the place of your Onstar module where this plugs into our head units and integrates bluetooth and streaming into them. I have the 7 model and its been replaced by the 8. Its a great unit if you want to keep Onstar.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I read good things about bluestar's but they take the place of your Onstar module where this plugs into our head units and integrates bluetooth and streaming into them. I have the 7 model and its been replaced by the 8. Its a great unit if you want to keep Onstar.
You are correct but once my free look period was over I did not plan on paying.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear you about the monthly paying thing but for me the car is parked for 7 months a year so with one call to Onstar its asleep til spring when they wake it up. A years subscription lasts 2 1/2 years.

And although there is a button control to answer a call you do not need it because by "voicing" "answer" the unit answers the call. "End call" ends it. The unit downloads your phone book and tells you "who" is calling so you can screen your calls. The only thing I use the remote for is to adjust the volume of the units female voice. Its a pretty sweet unit if you want to keep Onstar or cannot get ahold of a VCIM IMO.

I use it with an iphone4

1 - 7 of 7 Posts