Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed Kooks headers and catted X-pipes. Would like to get my car tuned but want to be sure I chose someone who is familiar with tuning G8s. I was thinking about Pat G or Rick Crawford but not sure if sending data logs back and forth is a good way to go. I am in the Orlando area so was wondering if any G8 owners have good results from Central FL tuner?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Chris Henry of CHenry motorsports, near Tampa. Or Geoff Skorupa, owner at Next Level Performance in Altamonte Springs. You can find both easily on FB.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I will check them out! Appreciate the quick reply. I am disappointed in my track times and am hoping a tune will make a difference.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nda9090 - did you get your car tuned? If so, who did you use?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I have Vector Motor Sports remote tune. I have had it since before CHenry started his shop. As soon as I get a DOD delete cam, all the work will be done by Chris. Check out our FB group, Florida G8 Car Club. Its a great bunch of people and we get together quite often.

·
Registered
536 Posts
anti venom in tampa

·
CCG8 / FLG8
2,089 Posts
Chris Henry of CHenry Motorsports in Tampa area is fantastic builder and tuner. His trans tunes are amazing.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just installed Kooks headers and catted X-pipes. Would like to get my car tuned but want to be sure I chose someone who is familiar with tuning G8s. I was thinking about Pat G or Rick Crawford but not sure if sending data logs back and forth is a good way to go. I am in the Orlando area so was wondering if any G8 owners have good results from Central FL tuner?
Are there any g8 tuners with dyno near Daytona-new smyrna beach Florida (volusia county)?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm in VOLUSIA COUNTY and also cannot find anyone locally that can tune a G8 GT..VMP in new smyrna seems busy,redline in Daytona I've heard horror stories about the owner being shady and was arrested in regards to a car build for a cop of all things.
Does anyone know of a tuner whi has dyno and equipment to tune in CENTRAL FLORIDA???

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have done several different mods since my post in 2015. I have used Pat G exclusively and am very satisfied with his tunes and customer service. I highly recommend him

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
I cant do a remote header install, I need a shop that can install my ling tube headers and dyno my g8.
I've literally called 4 shops and none will do it and 1 had only an SCT handheld scanner which they said will leave check engine light They cant remove..
Very frustrated that I can't find 1 shop to tune and install headers.

Anyone know a shop who tunes g8s in central Florida?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Don't confuse maturity and not giving any fux. There are @ 10 or so guys on this forum that keep me around. The bulk of it is made up of ignorant, broke newbs asking questions that are so dumb I question their ability to dress themselves each morning. FPFQ to the third power.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts