Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to take minute to share my awesome koni customer service /warranty claim. I had a rear shock lower seat failure and koni worked with me to send out replacements right away at a discounted price, which was later reimbursed after they looked at and verified the failed part. Also they gave me both rear shocks at no cost because the other rear shock met the 5 year minimum in service requirement.
Awesome company! I will buy again. It was refreshing after getting no help a few months ago with a superpro issue.

Aside: I switched the springs while I was at it from the 75k mile eibach to tien s tech's. I really like the new setup. I think the rear sits about 3/4 to 1 inch higher, which was needed. Eibach's were sagging a bit.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I just wanted to take minute to share my awesome koni customer service /warranty claim. I had a rear shock lower seat failure and koni worked with me to send out replacements right away at a discounted price, which was later reimbursed after they looked at and verified the failed part. Also they gave me both rear shocks at no cost because the other rear shock meet the 5 year minimum in service requirement.
Awesome company! I will buy again. It was refreshing after getting no help a few months ago with a superpro issue.

Aside I switched the springs will I was at it from the 75k mile eibach to tien s tech's. I really like the new setup. I think the rear sits about 3/4 to 1 inch higher, which it needed. Eibach were sagging a bit.
Yes, their warranty is very good. They won't cover parts that their parts damage though. In my case, a front strut insert leaked oil which caused the top hat's rubber to swell. I had to replace this part at my expense.

Also they gave me both rear shocks at no cost because the other rear shock meet the 5 year minimum in service requirement.
Can you expand on this?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The other rear shock was technically fine, but I expressed concern with koni that having a new and a 75k mile shock in the rear doesnt seem like a good idea.. so they told me per there ruled of warranty claims if the shocks are old enough ie 5+ years they replace the second shock as well, regardless of condition... I got lucky there really.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
BMR Sales
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing