Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone point me to an online store where I can purchase the correct Kooks long headers and catalytic converters for my 2008 Pontiac G8 GT?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not sure who is a sponsor and who isn't, but worst case, I believe if you search on Summit Racing they have what you would need. Maybe a sponsor will chime in with deals/sales/etc.

-J

·
Registered
135 Posts
Can someone point me to an online store where I can purchase the correct Kooks long headers and catalytic converters for my 2008 Pontiac G8 GT?
I recommend to browse Kooks web site directly; grab the part numbers and shop around for lower prices. Amazon, Summit and Jegs usually have the lowest prices IMO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered my Kook's headers and cat's on Friday. I'm hoping they will be in this week. Any suggestions or tips on the install would be appreciated. I'll be installing them at a Cadillac dealershipwith a friend who works there. I plan on installing new plugs too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Started installing the headers around 8:15AM this morning. The car was back on the road at 12:30PM'ish. I didn't noticed the sound of the car being any better than before. Mostly because I already had a Borla cat back system that gives the car it's sound. I didn't notice a performance difference either because it was snowing in Denver and I couldn't hit the throttle as hard as I wanted. I drove the card 22 miles with no check engine light yet. I'm probably gonna get it tuned next week. I'm curious when the check engine light will come on due to the O2 sensors. No shortcuts taken when installing the kit.

·
G8BRU
17 Posts
When I installed my kooks headers with high flow cats, engine lights came on for the cats being bad, my tuner obviously had the o2 sensors disabled now, the downstream sensors. Tune will also really wake your car up, I have the same exhaust setup as you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed the Kooks long headers and had J&S Performance in Arvada, CO tune the car. There's a noticeable difference in power in the low end. Would a new intake manifold? Perhaps a 92mm throttle body give noticeable power? Or am I at the max unless I do something like a cam?

·
Vendor
854 Posts
Little bit older thread brought back to life! We can get Kooks systems for anyone interested let us know and we can get you pricing.

I installed the Kooks long headers and had J&S Performance in Arvada, CO tune the car. There's a noticeable difference in power in the low end. Would a new intake manifold? Perhaps a 92mm throttle body give noticeable power? Or am I at the max unless I do something like a cam?
To answer your question. There are no real tricks or free hp mods with these. Cai, stat and headers are your bolt on setup. OE throttle is already 90mm, save your money for doing a DOD setup with a camshaft upgrade!

·
F1rehawk
764 Posts
A DOD is a Displacement on demand delete. Our lifters tend to get stuck on higher mileage, causing other issues in the engine. It's basically a complete delete of that system and replacement of lifters.

I actually observed a bit of low end torque loss with the Kooks headers, but an amazing gain at high RPM. Like a freight train basically.

·
Vendor
400 Posts
A camshaft is a big step but a great mod. Like mentioned above it's a great time to ditch the displacement on demand. A ported throttle body is a nice way to pick up some nice horsepower without getting into a retune situation. We have them in stock. As for the Kooks long tubes if anyone is looking for the best deals on them we are a new sponsor here with great deals.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts