Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan on doing a full exhaust system upgrade and was wondering if the Kooks LT w/o cats will bolt directly to the Corsa? Reading the website info says I need the X pipe. I believe I would need the X pipe if I were just going wth an axle back system. Anyone have any info or have a similar set up? Thanks is advance.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Nope, thats why I went with the Kooks Mids. The only LT's I've seen that will fit the Corsa are the SLP's and I wouldnt put those on my car :\

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect, so the Kooks mids will bolt directly to the Corsa? I really dont care if they are mids or longs, I just dont want to run cats and have to purchase the X pipe. If the mids bolt to the Corsa then I will pull the trigger. Thanks for the answer and love the stockpile of rides you have collected.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Thanks :) Yes the mids will bolt up they DO come with cats though, I may ask about having catless pipes made though! Good luck man!

·
G8 GT Owner
595 Posts
There are no catless headers that bolt up with any factory positioned catback. I think GTPprix is saying he has the kooks mid length headers which have cats. Both Kooks mid length and SLP LT headers have cats and are the only 2 that are bolt on. To do what you want you would just buy a set of LT headers like Kooks, ARH, SWs or dynatechs and have a shop fab them up to the corsa catback.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotcha, thanks for the info. I will probably just go with the mids with the cats. That will be fine. Thanks again for the quick response.

·
Registered
791 Posts
why would you want to run without catalytic converters? I think running without adds a lot of rasp and ruins the exhaust note personally. Plenty of options for high flow converters that won't rob the hp, no? Added cost I guess though.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just trying to get the least amount of restriction as possible. That was the only reason really. Foregive me as I am not very knowlegable on the topic. I have not heard it either way and will trust your opinion. I will go with the Kooks mids w/ cats. Much thanks.

·
Addicted
1,476 Posts
There are no catless headers that bolt up with any factory positioned catback.
Not true I think the Doug Thorely headers will and they are catless..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
MarylandSpeed
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing