Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan on doing a full exhaust system upgrade and was wondering if the Kooks LT w/o cats will bolt directly to the Corsa? Reading the website info says I need the X pipe. I believe I would need the X pipe if I were just going wth an axle back system. Anyone have any info or have a similar set up? Thanks is advance.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Nope, thats why I went with the Kooks Mids. The only LT's I've seen that will fit the Corsa are the SLP's and I wouldnt put those on my car :\

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect, so the Kooks mids will bolt directly to the Corsa? I really dont care if they are mids or longs, I just dont want to run cats and have to purchase the X pipe. If the mids bolt to the Corsa then I will pull the trigger. Thanks for the answer and love the stockpile of rides you have collected.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Thanks :) Yes the mids will bolt up they DO come with cats though, I may ask about having catless pipes made though! Good luck man!

·
G8 GT Owner
595 Posts
There are no catless headers that bolt up with any factory positioned catback. I think GTPprix is saying he has the kooks mid length headers which have cats. Both Kooks mid length and SLP LT headers have cats and are the only 2 that are bolt on. To do what you want you would just buy a set of LT headers like Kooks, ARH, SWs or dynatechs and have a shop fab them up to the corsa catback.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotcha, thanks for the info. I will probably just go with the mids with the cats. That will be fine. Thanks again for the quick response.

·
Registered
791 Posts
why would you want to run without catalytic converters? I think running without adds a lot of rasp and ruins the exhaust note personally. Plenty of options for high flow converters that won't rob the hp, no? Added cost I guess though.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just trying to get the least amount of restriction as possible. That was the only reason really. Foregive me as I am not very knowlegable on the topic. I have not heard it either way and will trust your opinion. I will go with the Kooks mids w/ cats. Much thanks.

·
Addicted
1,476 Posts
There are no catless headers that bolt up with any factory positioned catback.
Not true I think the Doug Thorely headers will and they are catless..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts