Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anyone have this setup and maybe have a sound clip so i can get an idea of what it will sound like. Ok so my setup is about to be Kooks LT 1 7/8 to a catless connection pipe from solo to a solo mach shorty cat back

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have Kooks 1 7/8" LTs, with Kooks catted 3" X-Pipe, Kooks mids, and a SOLO Axle back. I can upload a video tonight if your interested in hearing it. I know its not the exact setup your looking to hear though...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey anyone have this setup and maybe have a sound clip so i can get an idea of what it will sound like. Ok so my setup is about to be Kooks LT 1 7/8 to a catless connection pipe from solo to a solo mach shorty cat back/QUOTE]

This setup will scream. I have Kooks headers going to Solo HFC and mach balanced . I am told it is literally ear piercing at WOT next to someone.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Good god. If Kooks, HFC and Mach Balanced are ear piercing, I can't even imagine what a SOLO Mach Shorty Unbalanced setup would sound like with Kooks. I'm getting ready to install Kooks mid's with built-in HFC's here soon on my SOLO Mach Balanced setup. I'm hoping for an increase but don't want it to sound like a drag car. OP, you're setup is gonna make some noise for sure LOL!!

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
I have Kooks 1 7/8" coated headers with Solo Hi-Flo Cats & connector pipes to a Solo Mach Cat-Back system. Unfortunately, I don't have any sound clips, but I'll give an update. The car is very civilized below 3,000 rpm. You can easily drive along at highway speed with reasonable noise and no resonance. It starts to get louder over 3,000 rpm, and it screams at wide open throttle. I have no regrets and love this setup. IMHO I wouldn't dream of running a catless system if you want to drive it on the street without being pretty obnoxious. Just my .02! Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Maybe a tad bit relational, but I have Kooks Mids - HFCs - 2.5" XPipe - Solo ABs. No mufflers anywhere on the car. Very mean, very aggressive, but at the same time tolerable while under light load and throttle on the highway or cruising around town.

At crusining/highway I would rate the sound at a 7 and 10 at WOT. By no means is my car ever Ear Piercing. In fact sometimes when I WOT from a dig I am getting a perfect 50/50 ratio of sound from the RotoFab and the Exhaust. The RotoFab is a really throaty CAI.

Here is a recent video 1st and an older video 2nd...Only difference on the older video is that my tips were 3 inchers not 3.5.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
09 SBM G8 GT
261 Posts
Not sure if any of those videos are my car, but, i have 1 7/8" kooks lt's, solo catless connection pipe and mach unbalanced, with solo j pipes...sounds excellent IMO but all my friends say reallly loud at WOT if there behind or next to me..i love going under viaducts and through tunnels and just pushing it WOT...at tht point i would agree, it hurts my ears a little :) but all in all, i love the way it sounds, bc i love my cars loud..i deal with SST/Sportsman Modified/Super Modified racecars every weekend, which are nothing but open headers (some acctually run Kooks LT's) so i may have some ear damage from that lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure if any of those videos are my car, but, i have 1 7/8" kooks lt's, solo catless connection pipe and mach unbalanced, with solo j pipes...sounds excellent IMO but all my friends say reallly loud at WOT if there behind or next to me..i love going under viaducts and through tunnels and just pushing it WOT...at tht point i would agree, it hurts my ears a little :) but all in all, i love the way it sounds, bc i love my cars loud..i deal with SST/Sportsman Modified/Super Modified racecars every weekend, which are nothing but open headers (some acctually run Kooks LT's) so i may have some ear damage from that lol
Haha yea i love doing that same. Wait thats the set up im going to have can you post a clip of it?

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
09 SBM G8 GT
261 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
It will be very loud. My car has that set up except with high flow cats and the balance is perfect. Sounds excellent when cruising around, but really gets aggressive when you put your foot into it. Also no drone at all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Just slap some pypes VIOLATERS on there. Call it a day.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Heres mine.

Kooks 1 7/8" LTs, Kooks 3" catted X-Pipe, Kooks 2.5" mids matted to SOLO Axle-Back with 3.5" tips.

·
09 SBM G8 GT
261 Posts
Thanks man now i know what to expect and it sounds awsome!! Cant wait, i see you welded it instead of using the band clamp maybe ill do that.
No problem, thts what these boards are for! I love the sounds personally, and it never gets old when ya just blip the throttle and the pony boys, Audi's and beamers know not to play around since at WOT it screams. The mic on my phone really doesnt do the sounds of that exhaust justice lol if you were close by id say we could meet up, but i see your from staten island, ill be in long island with the G8 next weekend visiting my girlsfriends dad. Could stop by and meet up on my way through staten island lol i just noticed you have a GXP, i wonder how much of a dif it will make in sound with the LS3 vs the L76

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.