Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm another satisfied customer of Pat G. Upon my request, he recommended a DOD-delete, custom camshaft grind (EPS Cam) to suit my needs and then provided a compatible engine and transmission tune. I must say that I am very impressed so far. I have not had a chance to take the car to the track since installing the new cam; however, my impressions so far are that he has hit the mark in terms of providing a street-friendly cam and a tune that makes the car a pleasure to drive.

More than anything, I have been consistently pleased with his responsiveness to all of my requests. I have never been unable to reach him by phone, and he responds quickly to my emails. He has worked tirelessly to provide tunes that I am happy with. It's not unusual to see a tune file attached to an email sent at 7:30 in the morning or close to 10 PM at night. In my phone discussions, he has always been very professional and just comes across as someone who genuinely cares about making sure that you're satisfied. I consider this top-notch customer service. Of the three different tune vendors I have tried (the others being VM and Superchips), his ECM and TCM tunes are by far the best IMO.

Pat G - highly recommended.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I hear he can work some magic for sure. What are the specs on your cam?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EPS Cam - Specs: 220/226, 0.629"/0.605" intake/exhaust; 115 LSA +2 advance. The cam idles at approximately 620-640 RPM and has a mild lope. It works well with the stock torque converter. There's just a slight tendency to push through the brakes when stopped and in drive. The shifts are set at 6300 RPM, and the car pulls well up to that point. I may have lost a little bit of torque under 2500 RPM or so, but above 4000 RPM, it pulls hard. All-in-all, it is a very street-friendly cam IMO. I can't wait to get it back to the track. Unfortunately, with the hotter weather, it's not going to really be a fair comparison to my times that I obtained in March just prior to installing the new cam.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Pat does good work. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new setup. Do you have any pre cam track numbers?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
In this day and age, It's nice to deal with someone who takes pride in what they do. Pat and Kurt definitely do just that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts