Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Lakeview 2019

3K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  FMQ 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, well the time has come again.
So far we have a date of JUNE 15th for the meet this year.
Due to some issues, unfortunately it wont be at Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park)
We havent set a place yet but we will dont worry.

Just getting the date out there so hopefully everyone can join us.
More info to come in the next couple weeks. Talks have just started.
We stilll have giveaways, and we also have one special one to give away.
Stay tuned for more info.

Thanx Les:gears:

UPDATE::
Please note the location change for this year.
Centennial Park Golf Center
550 Centennial Park Blvd
Etobicoke,ON

We have changed the location for this year to help accommodate more people.
Back to our roots of a show n shine.
As usual we have SOLO PERFORMANCE again as our main sponsor.
Also Rockauto again as well.
We will have a raffle for a special prize not seen yet. (Well Ive seen it lol)
We will be supplying beverages again and giveaways and other things.

Cost is like always to cover costs involved.
$10/Car (1 Person) $5 for guests.
Dash plaques will be supplied.

Last year we had 46 G8s and 4 GTOs
We hope everyone can make it,it will be a rain or shine event.

There are go-carting on site and we were able to secure a discounted rate for anyone we wishs to partake.

KID FRIENDLY as always and check out the facebook page if you havent already.

More to come.
Update #2
Were happy to announce that have secured a group rate for the go carts it will be $4.50 per lap.

See less See more
#2 ·
Im looking for any ideas you may have that you want us to do this year. We have a bunch but Id like to know what you all want to make the day enjoyable for everyone.

#3 ·
Looking forward to it!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Les
#4 ·
Also looking forward to that event. I was supposed to bring in my car for a cam swap around that time but I guess it will have to wait a little. I'm off on that day, which is awesome.

We should make it a two day event including a ride and a hotel to stay at night for those who wish to partake both days. Just throwing out ideas.

Maybe meet at a drag racing strip?

#5 ·
Glad to hear it Les.
Can't say I'm not disappointed about Mosport though, I'd already marked the calendar for the June 8th weekend that the BMW club is there.:crying:
How about a Niagara Power Tour like Gary used to do, I know you like the tunnel and the ice cream.:wink3:

#6 ·
Hey guys. Wish I could do Lakeview this year but I gotta work. Hopefully Gary is going to do the Niagara meet again this year. I should be able to do that if its on a Sunday like usual.

#8 ·
Eh all. Ya were trying to get more people to come so a central area is possible. You mentioned Niagara as a possibility. Were not afraid to branch out to accommodate as many people as possible. Also I have been throwing around about a 2 day event. A drag night and a meet day.
We will be deciding on a location soon as soon as we do I will let everyone know.

Thanx Les

Reactions: mcalien3
#9 ·
Ok so far Im hearing trying out Niagara falls and you want a drag night. Dont think most will do it. But for the ones who do its definitely an option Im pretty sure its just $20 for friday night.

#10 ·
See you guys at the strip. I have a new tuner.

#11 ·
Hey all, Were going to nail down an area to hold our event hopefully by the end of the weekend and I will share more details with you when we do.
Id like to call it a back to basics meet. But once again we will have giveaways and a few freebies as usual.
Beverages will be supplied once again,
Cost will be kept at $10 per driver and $5 for guests.We think this is still fair to cover the costs and we hope thats ok with everyone.
Payable upon arrival Children under 14 free entry.

Any feedback you may have just ask me.

More to come soon

Thanx Les

#12 ·
Hey all check here tonight in post #1 I will post the details for our meet. And were happy to announce that SOLO PERFORMANCE is on board again for our giveaways.
SOLO PERFORMANCE has been with us since 2014 and we are so happy they are so supportive of our club.
So remember for all your exhaust needs see them and mention our club to them and they will take great care of you.

#13 ·
Check post #1

#16 ·
Check post 1 for update #2

#18 ·
Not sure but I hope we get alot.

#19 ·
Quick warning from a long time local.
The posted speed on Renforth Road in front of the park is 40KPH and there are always radar at some time on that stretch road.
There are 3 or 4 schools in that area and if its a nice day people will be there in droves hence the radar.
So keep it down.

#20 ·
Sorry guys, I’ve come down with something that i doubt will clear in time. Have fun

#23 ·
Surprised no one asked already. What is our start time? I have to meet a member there to pick up some headers.

#25 ·
Good times yesterday. Thanks for a great spot to meet and job well done guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.