Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have one ? If so, which ? Thx in advance !

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I like the towerside. Just works better for me. You going to be there tomorrow? I had decided not to go, but I may just have to dust the G8 off and let her loose.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Some friends and I are going. My LR G8, my buddies black 2010 Camaro SS, and another friend in a black C7 vette. I'll try to keep an eye out for any other G8's out there. Would like to meet some of you.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will probably be there. S/B nice and my car is probably running better than ever. So I need some thicker air to set a PB. Thicker than Tucson I mean.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I will probably be there. S/B nice and my car is probably running better than ever. So I need some thicker air to set a PB. Thicker than Tucson I mean.

I don't see why a low 11 at 125 to 126 mph wouldn't be attainable, judging by your signature.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I get mid-11s I will be happy. Need a decent 60 though. I have under-performed in that dept given that I have DRs. A ~125 trap would confirm my horsepower notions.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So how did y'all do ? I felt like I was driving on ice all nite. I had 3 runs...

1 - got sideway immediately and had to back out 1.95 11.9 121.5
2 - wheelspin on 1-2 shift and TC intervened 1.90 11.9 122.6
3 - softer launch, peddled 1st and part of 2nd 1.93 11.7 122.5

So softer was better. But traction was the big problem even with DRs and a longer burnout. Run 3 was a PB though !

Rhett........ you get vids ?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Congrats on the new PB. I feel bad for you guys as you already struggle with elevation and DA. To also deal with poor prep would be so frustrating. Do you guys have private rentals where you can pay for killer prep?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats on the new PB. I feel bad for you guys as you already struggle with elevation and DA. To also deal with poor prep would be so frustrating. Do you guys have private rentals where you can pay for killer prep?
It was prepped a week ago On my first time trial I dead hooked and grenaded my differential. I have the Demon Diff. on the way. I now need it running 9s.

Rhett did great! He texted me with a time slip. 10.4 at nearly 138! Not bad for a manual!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Alan......... I heard you blew up your diff !! Rhett said he had some vids from last night, I'd like to see them. I mounted an in-car but forgot to turn on the mic...........doh !!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Hey Guys. Sorry for the delay. I agree, the track prep was fairly poor on Friday. So I couldn't leave the tree like I wanted. I ended up having to launch at 4800 rpms, rather than 6000 rpms. She did however run pretty good. Went [email protected] mph on a 1.62 60ft. The engine made exactly what I thought it would with the pulley swap, 12 psi. So far, I am EXTREMELY happy with the performance. I may crank the boost up to 14 psi for the next time out. She's already a handful as it is. Car weighed in at 4,251 lbs with me in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So my 60s still suck. I'm using NT05Rs.... 285/40-18 at 20 psi. Should I try something else ? Lower pressure ?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Go to a 275/40/17 Hoosier DR2 tire at 18 psi. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
On my first time out there with the car I ran a 13.199 @ 105 and 2.2 60 ft was my best of the night. I didn't have too many issues with traction but I'm not putting down the power you guys are. Peddled just a little off the line and then hammer down the rest of the way. I am thinking a Camaro diff with 3.27s and wider tires and I might be able to hit a 12. I am just really happy I beat my buddies basically stock Camaro SS. He's been talking smack for some time. Now he can shut up! Lol!

jbak it was nice to meet you. Wish I had to time to meet the rest of you but it was really busy out there. Next time. -Scott

Out of curiosity, I did not put the trans in "Sport" mode on either run because I forgot. Anyone think that would make a difference?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the suggestions ! Like to use my 18s though............!

Maybe I should try launching off idle instead of loading the converter.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TruckTech........ I use Drive instead of Sport so that the shifts are softer. Less wheelspin and less chance of TC intervention. I leave TC ON since I don't want to hit the wall if I snap sideways. Our TC is pretty non-intrusive so I don't think it costs me much.

·
11 second bolt-on car!
212 Posts
So my 60s still suck. I'm using NT05Rs.... 285/40-18 at 20 psi. Should I try something else ? Lower pressure ?
I'm running Nitto NT05R's in 275/40-17 and cutting 1.60 60'. I have discovered they need a long smokey burnout for best traction.

·
Registered
101 Posts
TruckTech........ I use Drive instead of Sport so that the shifts are softer. Less wheelspin and less chance of TC intervention. I leave TC ON since I don't want to hit the wall if I snap sideways. Our TC is pretty non-intrusive so I don't think it costs me much.
Hmm... That's interesting. With my tune the trans shifts pretty firm in either mode so I don't know that it would make any difference at WOT. I do turn the TC off since it will pull timing from the engine if it senses wheel slip. Even just a little. But again, I am not putting down the power you are so there's that.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts