Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Or a 305/45/17 Mickey Thompson ET-R tire at 18 psi. You won't regret it either.

I honestly think this tire would work better for you, since the auto has a steeper 1st gear.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Featherburner... thanks... what psi do you run ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was using those on my HC before I went to the 30.2 inch tire on the 18 inch rim. They are good. In fact I have two brand new ones sitting in my garage. I am going to mount those on my 17 inch racestars. However I am only going to use 15 or so psi on mine. 18 would work well on John's car With the 3.09s and 900 or so rwhp 18 is too much on mine. My Demon diff. is on the way!!! I need to order the Demon half shafts for the future. I will also be using a brace around the Demon diff. case.

Mr. Baker, you need to do a good burnout! The NT05 is not bad. The Demon uses it and gets traction. 18 is good on a well prepped track. Maybe a little lower on a badly prepped track and a John Force burnout.

Mickey is coming out with a new size. 315 50 17. 29 inches tall. That will be perfect for me.

·
11 second bolt-on car!
212 Posts
Featherburner... thanks... what psi do you run ?
I usually run 20psi. If the prep is really good I can bump it up to 22psi and pick up a little bit on my trap. If the prep sucks, I'll drop down to 18psi. Like I said earlier, they need a lot of heat so a good burnout is needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes. You need a good burn out on those. Then they work. I know this is a G8 forum. But even look at the commercial on the Demon and how they do their burn out to get them super sticky. They get the rubber dripping on them where they are more than 200 degrees.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Good info..........thx guys !

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I may have been lifting early I see. How do I know I'm through the traps ? I thought it was when a light came on but maybe that is a WIN light. So if the other guy gets there first he turns it on and you are guessing.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I saw you run a couple times. You were definitely in it when your E.T and trap was displayed. Pretty sure you didn't lift early.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I may have been lifting early I see. How do I know I'm through the traps ? I thought it was when a light came on but maybe that is a WIN light. So if the other guy gets there first he turns it on and you are guessing.
I had this same problem on my first run. I lifted early. I was looking for the light we talked about but could not find it at 100 mph lol! I ended up using the 1000ft timers on the track. The next set is the end. Stayed in it past those and picked up 4 mph and almost .1.

I did see the light later when I was spectating and it appears that it is mounted on the pedestrian bridge at the far end of the track. If it is in fact a win light, then it is not much use if the other guy gets there first though.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I was just there on this past Saturday racing my wife's Trailblazer SS. I can see how some can be confused. But the traps are right after the displays. I was amazed that my wife's Trailblazer SS ran a [email protected] with just bolt ons and flex tuning. lol

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So my next set of tires will be M/T ET street SS. They come in 285/40-18 and claim they don't need much burnout.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Good luck with those tires

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Haha......... I hope that wasn't sarcasm Rhett !

21 - 33 of 33 Posts