Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I can't believe it's been damn near ten years since my last post of this forum. I bought my 2008 G8 (V6) in early 2009, after getting my first "real" job. I only afforded it by the skin of my teeth, but I had just turned 20 and the G8 was so cool that it made up for the ramen diet had to subsist on to make the payments. Loved that car and the great friends I made through the PNW G8 Club. So many memories of going on cruises and going to car shows. I've always told myself that if I ever saw my old car come up for sale somewhere, I'd buy it back if I could.

Along the way I collected a fair bit of memorabilia, some thanks to doing IT work for the GM dealer I bought the car through. My partner and I are looking to downsize our home and start full timing in a travel trailer, so it'd be cool to see this stuff could go to a good home, to someone who is as enthusiastic about the G8 as I was. I honestly have no idea what any of this stuff is worth, the magazines are probably not worth more than $5-10 a piece, but I figured I'd throw it up here and see if someone wanted to make an offer on the lot.

Here is what is included, in order of least-cool to most-cool:

Publicly Released G8 Stuff:

• Spring 2008 Pontiac Performance Magazine - Includes some ads/teasers for the 2008 G8
  • 2008 Pontiac Sales Brochure - 110 full color pages of Pontiacs from that model year, including the G8 teaser
  • 2009 Pontiac Sales Brochure - 110+ full color pages of Pontiacs from that model year, including extensive info about the G8
  • 2008 Pontiac G8-Exclusive Sales Brochure (Two Copies) - Beautiful quad fold brochure with tons of full-spread awesome photos and info, options, etc
  • "The New Power Play" Ad and reference sheet
  • Mousepad with the 2008 launch ad artwork
Dealer Specific G8 Stuff:

• 2008 Pontiac Training Library DVD
  • 2009 Pontiac Training Library DVD
  • 2009 Pontiac Competitive Comparison DVD
  • 2008 Pontiac Participant Guide, provided to (and filled out by) the sales guy who went to some sort of Pontiac G8 test drive event
Super Exclusive Stuff Ain't Nobody Else Got:

Original
running footage of the G8, shot by the advertising company DG FastChannel. This is a Betacam SP Cassette tape with ~17 minutes of footage showing a Liquid Red base G8 and a Panther Black G8 GT driving. I know the fact that it is a Betacam tape seems weird at first, but Betacam SP was widely used by production houses into the late 2000s. To my knowledge this tape is the only one in existence that is not locked away in the archives of an ad agency somewhere.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
It has indeed been awhile and vaguely remember the departure from here over to the darkside/ "other forum". By the way, how's it fairing these days? Believed you traded in the V6 for a V8 and best of fortune with the sale.

·
Registered
86 Posts
$75 for everything?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has been a while, hasn't it. I vaguely remember the going over to the "dark side" as well. Its weird looking back on stuff I wrote when I was 20. Certainly grown up a bit over the last 10 years. Converted to the true dark side by going German, with an '11 335i and then a '15 328i wagon. I'm just glad to see this forum is still active and people are out there with G8s still enjoying em. I point them out to my girlfriend any time we pass one on the road, and she gives me the same exasperated look every time: "yes, I know what that car is, I know you owned one, it was red, yadda yadda."

·
Registered
219 Posts
How much for the 2009 sales brochure and the 2009 training library DVD and 2009 comparative comparison DVD? Basically, all the 2009 stuff lol. Thanks and let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts