Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any ideas on why my car throws these codes constantly . I have replaced the canister 4 times and the gas cap also and these codes keep popping up....any body have this happen to them before....

·
Premium Member
7,446 Posts
What specifically are the check engine codes P....? Were they replaced with original equipment manufacturer or aftermarket parts?

·
Premium Member
7,446 Posts
Another option is to have the vehicle smoke tested to see if there's a broken or severed line of some sort. Was the vapor canister vent valve/solenoid near the fuel tank or the vapor canister purge valve/ solenoid near the engine replaced four times?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P0455 and the code for purge valve I just can't remember off hand what it was....it's been going on for a long time. My car runs like a champ.... I'm trying to keep from taking it to the dealership....it get expensive there....

·
Premium Member
7,446 Posts
Can search the forum for additional threads/solutions as well.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
P0455 and the code for purge valve I just can't remember off hand what it was....it's been going on for a long time. My car runs like a champ.... I'm trying to keep from taking it to the dealership....it get expensive there....
I had mine purge valve replaced at the GM dealer a few years back, it was a $120 fix all in.
Took 30-40 mins and I was gone.
But I did get a few discounts since my son worked there.
I wept when he left GM to wrench else where.

·
Premium Member
7,446 Posts
Is the tether still attached to the gas cap and what color is the lettering on the gas cap?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the tether still attached to the gas cap and what color is the lettering on the gas cap?
Yes it is and the lettering is blue....I did notice the thing u stick gas pump seems a little loose. Is that normal

·
Premium Member
7,446 Posts
With the tether ensure it isn't oriented in a way that allows it to inadvertently loosen the gap cap. To keep it simple, removed it on the last gas cap awhile ago. The blue lettering gas cap is the revised version. Are you referencing the rollover valve or flap on the fuel filler neck?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
No sir....I apprecite u helping me.... I had my fuel sencor replaced about 1 year and a half ago.... Do u think he dint put something back wrong

·
Premium Member
7,446 Posts
It's quite possible as four vapor canisters are a bit excessive. Either have him to check the repair work and/or get the vehicle smoke tested.

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 aka Karma
439 Posts
Yes it is and the lettering is blue....I did notice the thing u stick gas pump seems a little loose. Is that normal
Yes. Normal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts