Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my LCA's replaced under warranty once before, and they need it again, but I probably won't be able to get it done before I need my state inspection this month. For those in the know, do you think this would be a likely reason for a failure on a NY inspection? I'm not sure how much of a safety issue the LCA's really are.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Digger10t, what part of n.y. are you in. ?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Digger10t, what part of n.y. are you in. ?
I'm in Virginia right now for a job, and my registration is up July 5th, so I need to get somewhere in NY to renew my inspection so I can re-register the car before 7/5. I was going to drive to Syracuse where my family lives and have it done there somewhere.

I am also trying to get the pads and front rotors I purchased put on prior to inspection. Since I am working out of state, doing them myself is probably out of the question.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I gotcha . I worked for delta Sonic and when they opened the location in DeWitt I spent the summer in Syracuse working there. It was kinda cool. I'm in buffalo. Are you going to find a shop in Virginia to do the brakes or just have them done in the area you wind up doing the inspection?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Stupid state inspections. This couldn't be anymore annoying.,

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used to drive to the DS once in a while...always busy out there. I found a place to do the brakes for just the cost of two hours labor (80/hr), which isn't bad I suppose. A lot of shops around here didn't want to deal with customer supplied parts which is annoying, but probably just means I am calling the wrong shops for quotes.

I should probably try to get a recommendation from a board member on a good Richmond shop

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
too bad your not in nj - to save money, they only check emissions now.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I found a reprieve...at least for a while. NY offers an Emissions Exemption which is a fancy way of saying "go ahead and re-register your vehicle without an inspection, but it'll cost you double." So, I can register the car, NY-DMV is sending me a sticker which grants me ten days to get inspected once I do happen to get back to NY (and usually gets an out of state cop off your back), and I can take my time getting my brakes and LCA done so that I don't have to miss work to do it. Sucks that I had to pay the extra money, but compared to missing work at an inopportune time, I'm happy to pay.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Gotta do what yuh gotta do. Glad to hear you got it worked out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.