Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I picked up a G8 GT this week, and one of the things that needs attention is a puncture on the leather of the passenger seat. There is a triangular flap in the seat cushion. Seat is black at least (matching reds might prove tougher)

I guess I am looking for some advice from anyone who has repaired a leather seat with texture. There are lots of videos and how-to's online but none of them really cover how to deal with perforated or textured leather repairs. Which to me changes things as far as using fillers go.

Has anyone successfully done a repair on their G8 seats? How did it go?

Would appreciate any suggestions.

I am looking to do this as cheaply as possible, as I already have a GXP. The GT car I am repairing the seat on was acquired out of opportunity to get for a good price, fix up a few cosmetic flaws, then sell it to a good home.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Picture of this tear?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picture of this tear?
Haven't had opportunity to grab pics yet. It is about 0.75 - 1" in size. Triangular tear with fairly clean edges and a well defined flap.

Thinking of using an underlayer patch and glue down method similar to this, but not sure how to finish it on textured leather:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Leather seat repair

My passenger seat perforated leather insert on the seat, threads have either broken or the leather thread holes have torn through. I have had a leather seamstress tell me the leather is dry and tearing. Has anyone also gone through the this same problem and come up with a fix? The alternative is to pay$600 and up to replace. Charcoal grey/ It looks black. :frown2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts