Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put in LED’s for the headlights. I couldn’t put the dust cap back on because they wouldn’t fit. Now with the rain, there’s condensation inside the headlights. A friend told me to do HID’s so the dust cap can fit back on.

I was thinking about just buying different dust caps that would fit. Any suggestions? I saw these on amazon

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
I recently put in LED’s for the headlights. I couldn’t put the dust cap back on because they wouldn’t fit. Now with the rain, there’s condensation inside the headlights. A friend told me to do HID’s so the dust cap can fit back on.

I was thinking about just buying different dust caps that would fit. Any suggestions? I saw these on amazon

If you are going with LEDs, the only lights you should be using are the Diode Dynamics SL1 LED bulbs.

SL1_f150_collage.jpg

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I have these 100 mm dust caps and they work very well.

Note: I'm using LEDs that do NOT have fans.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it was a fail. The light doesn’t sit center in the hole so the dust cap only cover the top part and leaves some of the bottom part opening. Still getting condensation.

What led’s are you using that don’t use fans?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That one fits with the regular dust caps? Because the fan area looks pretty bulky

1 - 8 of 8 Posts